Thread: Quickcam Express Installation not detecting webcam even if its plugged in

Quickcam Express Installation not detecting webcam even if its plugged in

so this is my problem I have already connected my webcam to the computer and I can see the it has been recognized by the computer and also the auto-detect feature on Logitech downloads page is able to recognized the model on there but when I was trying to install the Quickcam express on to my computer , the software was not able to recognized the webcam . I tried it like many time but each time the application fails to recognize the device , I looked everywhere for the solution but I was not able to get one . is there any one here can help me out of this I will be really appreciating this

thanks in advance

Re: Quickcam Express Installation not detecting webcam even if its plugged in

Well look like a common problem to me , my computer is showing that something is attached to the computer and it reading it as I can see the USB icon on the tray but this Quickcam Express is not finding the cam , is there anyone else having the same issue or is there something that I am doing work, please suggest the solution to this problem I will be really glad to know that

Thank in advance

Same problem and yes looks as if this I very common with this application . so all I did is, I unplugged it and after that I restated the installation along with the software CD and after that I plugged the cam and it showed up , well this worked fine for me , just try it with your computer hope this can help.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply so quick so I did as you instructed , I unplugged the webcam and as the Logitech suggested is the driver file for the webcam I use the lws110.exe file for my windows XP pc 32 bit . Although while running the file this application ask to plug in the webcam as a first step . and as I so that window show the new hardware found window and take me to the parallel hardware installation process which appeared to be not recognize the appropriate driver file. What is exactky haooing here can any one suggest me I will be glad if this problem get solved .

Quote Originally Posted by Elwoody View Post
    Thanks for the reply so quick so I did as you instructed , I unplugged the webcam and as the Logitech suggested is the driver file for the webcam I use the lws110.exe file for my windows XP pc 32 bit . Although while running the file this application ask to plug in the webcam as a first step . and as I so that window show the new hardware found window and take me to the parallel hardware installation process which appeared to be not recognize the appropriate driver file. What is exactky haooing here can any one suggest me I will be glad if this problem get solved .
    Bummer , that really ridiculous, I always not like the Windows Xp operating system , it always has some issue. Never mind, just try the Logitech one alone and cancel the XP installer and see if that works and in case it does you have nothing to worry about .

Hey can you tell me what is the series number from the camera's identification or the USB\VID ID model numbers and product name , please provide me that information so that I able to suggest you some remedy .

Thanks ,
    Here is the detail that you asked me, hope I get the every detail that you needed

M/N : v-UAP9

P/N : 861170-0000

PID : LN62287

Well I was not able to find the USB ID as I don’t know what is that but I found the number written directly on the USB port 501484-C000. There is also HC SH written under this number.

Thanks