Thread: Cannot record using Samsung DVD R119

Cannot record using Samsung DVD R119

Right away I am using the Samsung DVD R119 DVD recorder. I have connected this device with my Digital TV. Now the problem is I am not able to record the DVD using this DVD recorder. TV and DVD both retuned successfully but no matter how and what settings I do, it still won’t record at all. Can anyone explain me what I am missing here.

Re: Cannot record using Samsung DVD R119

First of all tell me from where you are getting the signal. If you are getting the signal for the TV then I don’t think that it is the possible way to record the content. The only possible way in such kind of DVD recorder is to connect the Arial directly to the DVD recorder (if u have a port for that) then from that to your TV. Now this way only I think you can successfully record.

I have heard that there is an integrated single tuner on DVD-R119. The limitation is you can do only one thing at a time. In order to record and watch at a same time you need a little expensive DVRs with dual tuners. In this kind of DVR’s you can watch from one tuner as well as record from another Tuner. If you are looking for an solution there is a way for you. You need to get a cheap freeview box. With that you can watch TV programs and on other side you can allow DVD-R119 for recording.

I have heard that some TVs have integrated freeview decoders / tuners. If your TV has one then you might be able to use that thing other than spending money for the freeview box. If you don’t know whether you TV has freeview decoders / tuners, you can ask any expert otherwise you can search Model number on Google.

Yes, I agree with the solution and I think that it is the only way to resolve your issue. First of all you need to know about your units first. You should know what your TV and DVR’s capable of and what features it include. Otherwise you won’t be able to understand even a single solution.

In my case I am presently using the freeview box. I have connected this box DVD recorder. Now I can record anything from this. There is no freeview tuner built inside my DVD recorder. One thing I want to tell you that most of the new DVD recorders contain built in freeview tuner. There is a main reason for having dedicated freeview box and that is because of analogue switch off. Due to this you can do two tasks at a same time without wasting the time.

Do you have a manual for your DVR. If you have one, you can find the solution on your own. You will get online manual also if you don’t understand current one you have.