Thread: cannot update Seagate 7000.12 successfully

cannot update Seagate 7000.12 successfully

Hello friends I have owned a Seagate barracuda 7000.12 and I just decided to update it with a newest version and found some problem with it while the process was going on suddenly I heard a beep and the upgrade was crash and the update was unsuccessful I am just not happy with this can anyone help me and let me know that what was the problem. Can anyone tell me what is possible to do with this drive?

Re: cannot update Seagate 7000.12 successfully

Well I can’t think over it a much but right now what I can suggest you with is you can try to do a reflash and see if it is helping you out and make sure that your driver cable are much secure than before and even see that your power grd is been working fully and if you had a surge from the grid may be at this time it would have snuffed the flash out, like the lights would have been dimming for some seconds and you should also check that you are having a right flash file.

Ok this should work because I have done this once and it has helped me too but if it don’t then I have something which is very common but I hope this would help you just remove all the plug disconnect all the parts and keep them away over a night and then in morning connect them again and then try and see if there is some change.

Well the problem has been solved but it was really a hard work with this one. but you suggestion worked out thanks for that what i did was i just dissembled all the parts and then kept if for a time and then i assembled it again and then i tried it again and it was failing and so i kept on doing it and the problem was solved after 3 attempts.

Anyways i am happy with this the problem is solved thats what i wanted but i am still not able to know what was the problem why the installation wasn't able to complete at the first few times and why it later was done.