Thread: HP IQ506 Back Stand Screw Missing

HP IQ506 Back Stand Screw Missing

Well I was having the problem with the HP IQ506 TouchSmart Desktop, so I have sent it to the HP service center and they have fixed it and delver back to me, but they forgot to return the Back stand. So when I called them after the call they also send the back stand but not sent the four screws along it. I have the problem calling them again and again. So can anyone tell me where I can get the screw o\for my HP IQ506 back stand or even can tell the dimension of it be fine. My whole work is depended on the PC, so I want to do work. It would grateful of yours to help me. This work can be done by send the whole pc back but I can’t do due to work depended on it.

Re: HP IQ506 Back Stand Screw Missing

Well I also agree with your point, for not sending the whole computer back to the service center for 4 screws to place. I was also having the same problem but I manage it anyhow. I have removed screws which is having the back stand also. It was having the Philips pan head that is around 7mm in diameter, and it has the 4mm Shaft in diameter and 10mm diameter in length. The metal appeared to be stainless. I think this will help you buy the screw and fix it on your own.

If you do not knowing how to install the stand, then you better refer to the User Guide Manual of the HP IQ506. And also download the upgraded Guide manual form the site; it is available in the pdf format. When you download it follow the pages 1 to 6 to expose the screw plate, after that you also check out for the Page 12 in the upgrade Guide which you have download it from the internet. I hope it help to fix your back stand.

Well that was shock to hear that they have sent back stand without the screws. Even I was having the problem with HP IQ506, Is that I have my hard drive crashed. So I chose to have HP to send me the replacement Hard Disk for my Crashed Hard Disk. They have sent me the replaced Hard Disk and I have also installed the new Hard Disk into my system. Well I am glad enough that I have not send my computer to the service center for the replacement and not knowing what will come incomplete.

Well you can check on the internets which are the screw required for the back stand and also of what dimension it requires for it. Well on the manual u might also get the dimension of the screws for the back stand. With you can get the help, which screw you have to buy and also you might know to install it also. Well I think the suggestion might help you and you can work on your HP IQ506.