Thread: How to improve speed of Transcend TS32GSSD25S-M?

How to improve speed of Transcend TS32GSSD25S-M?

Hi, I have newly bought a 32GB SSD Transcend TS32GSSD25S-M HDD but it seems that the performance given by the HDD is too poor, as it is running to slowly, and the main thing is like I am not using this drive as the main, I mean to say I haven’t installed the windows in the hard disk but still the performance I poor so what would be the cause because of that this is happening? Any suggestion for improving the speed would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: How to improve speed of Transcend TS32GSSD25S-M?

See I am not sure but I have heard that there is a firmware update that would basically permit the drive to utilizes the TRIM command, and by using that command you can improve the speed at some extent, I am not saying that you’ll get the double the speed you are having right now, but you can easily recognize the changes. So according to me you should start searching any such firmware for the drive you have, if there is any.

Though you haven’t installed the windows in the HDD, you should not keep the HDD full with the content, because as the HDD ha only the capacity of 32 GB and if you fill it till 30 GB so that’s the obvious thing that is going to be happen with the hard ware you have. So I would say you should try to use the HDD as a backup device or for just storing the important data, you cannot use it for the daily use. For that you should get the HDD with the good capacity rather than this one.

As the above user mentioned you should try to get the firmware from the official website only. there is a link with the name as download center, after entering to that link you need to provide some information as your model number and all other details, after giving those details you’ll be able to download the firmware update for the HDD you have. I have download the firmware and I can see the improvements with the HDD I have. But let me tell you this firmware is more effective with the ultra series of SDD, so if you have the same them it would be very good for you.

Well there is a utility called Wiper.exe that you can download from the internet, after downloading the utility install it in the same drive and run it, this will allow you to kill all the unwanted process which is associated with the SSD HDD you are using, so because of that also you’ll get some boost with using the HDD. And by the way as the above user mentioned you should not fill the HDD fully.

Speed gets void while some irregular process get run often, so though you have install windows in other driver it can affect performance of all the drives that is currently connected in the machine, so in such a case you should always make sure that there isn’t any such process running in the task manager, after that if suppose you are installing any such program, it is best practice to install it in the driver where the windows is present, otherwise it will create a program files in other drive as well and caring them will make the difference in the speed.

By the it seems that the primary HDD that you are using also don’t have enough space for installing the windows that you are using, and that is why it has ruined the performance, but still I would say if suppose you don’t have the proper hardware specification for using the higher level operating system you should not use them rather you can choose from the compatible windows for your hardware.