Thread: Using an optical bay caddy to add SSD or HDD storage

Using an optical bay caddy to add SSD or HDD storage

I just want to know what are the benefits of using the optical bay caddy while we are adding the SSD or HDD storage. Its becoming quite popular these days and hence I want to know it from you all as if what si the reason why the people are using it for the storage purpose, can anyone present here inform me about the same. if yes then do reply me accordingly on that. I will be very much happy to listen it from you all. so do reply to me why is it so useful, I am waiting for the necessary reponse from your side.

Re: Using an optical bay caddy to add SSD or HDD storage

Let me tell yo some of the benefits of using the optical bay caddy. Here are some of the reasons that I have given here
    1) It provides decent sized data repository and also is battery efficient.
    2) Storage capacity is quite good whi8ch extends up to 2GB.
    3) It has the optimum feature of swapping the optical bay caddy and also the optical drive.
    4) Also it is available quite cheap if you have a look at the price then it is available for US $12-US $26.
    So this si what the information I have got for the optical bay caddy I hope you liked it.

There are many other features that you have missed out here first of all let me tell you about the temperature control. With the use of optical bay caddy it can provide lower running temperature of HDDs. If we compare with the primary bay then the difference in the temperature is quite good. Uses sata drive in the older pata system. when you compare the HDD of the SATA then it is much cheaper than that of the PATA and hence you can make use of the SATA drive in it with the help of the optical bay caddy, available in such a attractive price it is a muct buy for you all.

Yes I was very much interested in going with the optical bay for a hard drive especially after knowing so much positive features of it. with the help of that I can easily move to the SSD as well as keep the HDD for storing of the movies and the songs that eats up half of the memory of mine in my system. so that’s what the subject I was talking of. Thanks that you did start the thread over here. Great find by you all and I must appreciate your efforts for the same.

Switching of the drives will become interesting speedy also we can bet an incredible speed with the SATA interface and all thanks to the optical bay caddy. Anyways I just want to ask a question with you all. the thing is that will I be able to use the Nvidia 9400M chipset with it. I mean will it be compatible with it. very much interested to know about it. so can you all please advise me on the same, since I am not aware of it. do reply fast ok I am waiting for the response from your side. So do reply fast.

Thanks a lot for all the support that you have taken over here to solve my issue. appreciate the efforts that you have taken to solve the issue. according to me the card will be supported by optical bay caddy and I don’t see any issue behind it. anyways I did get a lot of information form you all about the particular subject. So thanks a ton for the same and I am happy for you all.