Thread: How to Split the Hardware RAID

How to Split the Hardware RAID

Hello guys I have one question against hardware RAID. Can anyone tell me how I am able to perform hardware RAID 5 split within the three logical drive (c:, d:, e. Basically On top of my Dell Power Edge 1800 server the Windows 2008 R2 server runs. Basically I am using Dell Cerc SATA 1.5 6ch RAID controller. I am supposed to perform it on top of the controller or within the Windows? And how I am able to I perform it? Thank very much for your advice.

Re: How to Split the Hardware RAID

In the company of RAID5 you comprise a number of physical disks which you connect mutually on the way to structure solitary logical disk. If you necessary on the way to split them up at that moment up within more logical volumes you be supposed to utilize the Disk Management MMC during Windows. If you required utilizing RAID in the direction of construct the logical disks at that moment you will necessitate plenty extra physical disks.

Hello thank you for your response. Basically I want to do something else. I would explain you this in more detail. Basically I made RAID 5 which is basically contain three physical disks. And I am using windows 2008 srv version 2. So using this with the disk manager I am able to preserve disk c:. and I want to split this disk into three partition that is c, d, e. so I am not able to perform this. That what I am asking to you guys. So please help me regarding this thank you.

Build your RAID 5 array by creating a logical volume. Install Windows in this volume nevertheless throughout the installation process make positive you position the space for C: somewhat approximating 33% for illustration, 33GB of 100 GB volume. Once the OS has been installed with the Disk Management tool within Computer Management in the direction of create two volumes D: and E: nevertheless, if you include built your server, at that moment you have a tool for the volume of re-partition. Something like Magic work for Win2k8 Server. Re-partition is not compatible with any Windows tool.

Semantics of a coup, but "re-partition" is, in fact, with the support from the disk and Disk Management MMC. Simply delete and re-create new partition, but I consider that a pretty lame example to call semantics is pointless to argue. However, Microsoft has enhanced the ability of a portion of the disk and Disk Management with each family in freedom. The ability to "extend" partitions is added. Now the ability to "reduce" the partitions is also added.

Hello according to my knowledge Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 mutually comprise complete hold up used for shrinking and make bigger partitions/volumes together with system partitions/volumes. Acronis Disk Director or separation Magic no longer required. If you want to know more regarding this then please try to search it on Google. On that you will get many other website which will tell you to how to perform this thank you.

Hello thank you for your response. I am facing this similar issue. I tried all these all settings but still I am not able to perform this, I try to search all these settings on internet but still not able to find any solution for this topic. So please if anyone knows the all appropriate steps to accomplish this then share it with me. I hope that someone will help me to solve this problem. Yesterday I waste my 2 hrs to perform this but still no success. All replies are appreciated thank you.