Thread: Dell XPS 420, where to get SATA power cable for SSD.

Dell XPS 420, where to get SATA power cable for SSD.

Hi, I have a Dell XPS 420 and it has I think a SATA hard drive in it, but along with that I am planning to have a new hard disk for me, and as I configured it, I come to know that it requires right angle SATA data cables, but I am not getting it from the leading stores, where can I get it by the way, is it worthy to buy this sata hard drive instead of buying the external hard drive, need suggestion, thank you very much.

Re: Dell XPS 420, where to get SATA power cable for SSD.

Yeah you have heard it correctly, that you need to have that cable in order to connect the hard drive in your desktop, and I am wondering as you have mentioned that you’re not getting that cable, because this is very common cable, I would say, thus this it might be available to almost each peripheral shop, still I would recommend you that try to visit some more showroom, and I am sure you’ll get the proper cable for connecting the hard disk.

Exactly, I was having the same problem, when I was think of expanding the secondary memory, but as a solution to this, I would recommend you to have a external hard drive instead of the sata HDD, because you’ll the too many benefit along with the portability, in that you’ll get the hard disk, which I would physically too compact, you can simply carry it to anywhere anytime. I am not sure about the price difference between both of them, but I am quite sure that it will cost you more than the SATA, but along with that I would like to say that if you compare ratio befit to its price, then it is worthy.

The same recommendation as above because as you have mentioned that you are not getting the actual cable from anywhere, thus the external HDD would be best according to me, as you are having too many benefits, but if you concern about the price, than It is little bit costly, but still I would recommend you the same. In fact I am also planning to have the same, not now but, in this week only.

See, as you have mentioned that you are not getting that cable, I think you should contact the dell through the website or you can call them also, and buy the same as you desire, and you won’t have to bother about the HDD also, you’ll get the HDD also from there only. And the best thing about that is you can get the similar product as you have already, so no need to worry about the compatibility, and no need to bother about the warranty even, as you’re using the hardware from the same fraternity, you must be aware about the performance.