Thread: Macbook pro speaker is not working after disconnecting external speakers

Macbook pro speaker is not working after disconnecting external speakers

I am using Macbook pro laptop from so many times and I am using Mac OS X v10.6 (Snow Leopard) in my laptop. Before sum days I was listening the music in my laptop by connecting the additional speaker with my Macbook pro, at that time my Macbook pro was not giving any problem. After that when I disconnect the speaker from my laptop and tried to play the music from that time I am not able to use my internal speaker in my Macbook pro. I am able to listen the system sound and iTunes but with other application my internal speakers are not working. Please tell me what should I do to solve the problem?

Re: Macbook pro speaker is not working after disconnecting external speakers

If you are not able to listen the sound from your Macbok pro after disconnecting the external speaker then I think you should try to solve the issue by trying these steps. First connect that speaker again with your Macbook pro and after that try to listen the music. After doing that turn off your Macbook pro and then disconnect your speaker from your laptop. Make sure that you disconnect the speaker only after Turing off the laptop. Now after disconnecting your laptop start your Macbook pro again. Now try to play any music file, I think after doing that your internal speaker will start working again.

I have gone through your problem and after that I analyze your issue. I think you should first check the sound setting in your Macbook pro. First check that your system sound is not mute. Because sometimes when we suddenly disconnect the external speaker at that time our system automatically mute the system sound. That is why I suggest you to check the system sound setting. I think this idea will help you to solve your issue and you will be able to solve your problem easily.

If you have tried to use the external speakers by using the QuickTime player then I think system has changed the Audio setting of your laptop and it has set the audio setting to sample rate which very high for other application to play the sound. Normally in this kind of situation we can here the system sound but system will not able to play the sound from other application. I hope this information will be helpful to you and you will be able to find the exact problem after trying this application.

If you are facing the same problem after trying all the above setting then I think you should try these steps to solve the problem. Download the latest version of MAC OS from the internet and after that make the bootable disk of it. If you don’t want to do that then take your current operating system bootable disk and install it again, but make sure that first you take all the necessary backup from your system. After reinstalling the operating system you will not get this problem in your laptop.

I have tried to solve the problem by doing all necessary changes in my sound setting but after doing that also I am getting the same problem with internal speakers. After that I also tried to solve the problem by reinstalling the operating system in my Macbook pro but after reinstalling the operating system also same problem is coming. Now I don’t have any idea about how to solve this issue. Please anyone who is facing similar issue the suggest some solution.

If you are not able to fix your problem by reinstalling the operating system then I think first you should try to check your system by inserting headphones in your system. If you are not getting the sound after inserting the headphones also then I think there is something wrong with your laptop hardware only. I would like to tell you that you should go to apple service center and there ask for the solution. I hope this trick will fix your issue and you will be able to listen the sound again.