Thread: Unable to use Samsung SCX 4300 with MacBook

Unable to use Samsung SCX 4300 with MacBook

I recently purchased a MacBook last month. It is having the MAC OS X in it. I normally use my MacBook for surfing, gaming, downloading movies and especially for chatting. I also purchased a Samsung SCX 4300 printer to use it in my MacBook. But I came across a strange issue while using the printer in my MacBook. My MacBook is recognizing the printer but it is not allowing me to print the pages that I need. I am not able to overcome this issue. Is anyone aware about this? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: Unable to use Samsung SCX 4300 with MacBook

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. Many people have encountered such issues before. The information that you have provided is incomplete for me to give you suggestions related to this issue. I wanted to know the version of MAC OS X in your MacBook and about the driver for your AOI installed in MacBook. After you provide me the above information only then I can give you my recommendation to overcome your issue.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome my issue. I will surely provide you the information that you need. The version of MAC OS X installed in my MacBook is 10.5.8 and I don’t have any drivers installed for the printer because my MacBook is recognizing it. The information that you needed is provided by me, now please try to give me your suggestions related to this issue as early as possible, because the issue is irritating me a lot.

The issue that you are facing seems to be quite interesting. As you said that your MacBook is recognizing the printer but not allowing you to perform printing, it can be due to the drivers not being installed. Without drivers your system may recognize the hardware as a correct device but it won’t allow you to perform printing. To overcome this issue I suggest you to install the drivers for the printer that you have. After installing the drivers you would be able to print the pages that you need with the help of your printer. You can get drivers for the printer from Samsung website.

Thanks for the suggestion that gave me, it actually worked out. I downloaded the drivers for my printer and I think the issue has been solved. I also downloaded the scanner driver. But I don’t know how to print the essential pages from my Samsung printer. I tried a lot but failed to do that. I also discussed this issue with my colleagues but they are not aware about such issues. Do you know how to overcome this issue? If yes then please inform me about it.

The issue that you have currently posted is very simple. A person having technical knowledge can easily overcome such issues. To print the essential pages from your printer you need to perform the following steps:
    Go to the File menu-> click on the option print-> after that a print window will pop up-> select your Samsung printer from the drop down list, if the Samsung printer is not in that list then add it by clicking on Add printer button in the printer list-> after the printer is added then click on the option print. After performing this steps you will be able to print the essential pages that you want to print from you printer.