Thread: Background sound with HS-1000 in games

Background sound with HS-1000 in games

Friends, I have recently bought the new HS-1000 headset yesterday and ever since I have been experiencing a problem with it. Every time I play a game I can hear this dampened sound occasionally. It's not there always; it's like popcorn with its popping sound in microwave. Every 2-3 seconds I can hear it. Sometimes it's very short and sometimes a little longer like 5-6 seconds. The sound is like I said "dampened" like a really low bass sound. It is not load at all, I can’t even hear it if there are other sounds coming from the game but when there is silence then I can hear it. It is extremely annoying and this is under all the games I play. Even my friends can hear it over Skype but they hear it a little louder than me. As I said the sound only appears when I am playing a game or have a game started but did a ALT+tab to windows. I am having Windows XP installed on my computer. Please help me.

Re: Background sound with HS-1000 in games

This is possible that the problem is with the USB port that you are using to connect the headset. Make sure that it is enabled and working properly. If you want then you can also try by changing the USB port and see if that can solve the problem for you. If that is also not working then you can make the contact with the customer support and ask them for the same to see what they can help you. I hope that you will be out of the issue after contacting them.

I have already tested different USB ports, I have tested several games. Nothing seems to work for it. Something I have noticed is that when I do stuff in windows the sound can "appear". Like if I minimize Firefox, I hear that sound like "boop" just for like 0.1 secs. Like a click but very dampened. Maybe it has something to do with the CPU? Like when it works the sound comes? Actually, I am almost 100% sure that it has something to do with the CPU now. Cause every time my CPU works more than like 10-20%, the sound is there. Is there any solution to this or do I need to get a new headset? I have also sent an email to your support but they haven’t answered, I sent it 4 days ago now. Please provide me some other suggestion.

It might be the firmware that is causing the problem for you. So check the firmware that is installed for it and look for the firmware that is available on internet. If you found that there is some updated version available then you can upgrade to that version and see if that can resolve the problem for you. I am saying this to you because I have seen that in many of the cases like this the outdated firmware becomes the reason for this and so I am having doubt that this is the same for you as well.

The only solution that I could come up with was to use another microphone which I connected to the soundcard and use that one instead. This doesn't really solve the problem but the noise is not there anymore. Well it's there sometimes but not often. By the way I also bought my headset in Sweden. Only conclusion I have come to is that I hate creative and will never buy anything from them again.

The problem we have is very rare (googling founds nothing, except here). That means that the problem don't occurs on normal users with some of those components (that would'nt be a rare problem), but the combination of our hardware brings that exotic trouble. So it is a very good starting point for creative, I think.*If they*roll up their sleeves, like u said, and built up same hardware components. It must be a solution. It would be very interesting to know how the specs are from the other user Rothie, maybe we can limit further similarities.

I actually think that this is a problem that occurs with the cpu and the headset when used with a mic. Whenever it occures for me, it is more frequent when the CPU is working. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and go to "Performance". There you can see the "CPU-usage", the higher the CPU-usage the more "bluurb" noises. That is why you will hear the sound constantly during playing a game. I will record the sound and upload it to the internet as soon as possible. Hopefully this will help Creative workers in their work on fixing this.

I had a similar problem as everyone here. Though my main issue is I installed the Firmware..nothing..now my problem is I just recently moved and had to reinstall windows and in the move I lost the CD with the drivers. I honestly don't see why Creative DOES NOT have the drivers for the headset. I spent $80 on "Surround 3D Headphones" and now* I am stuck with nice Stereo Headset cause I can't find drivers...what gives Creative. I have always been a fan of you guys but now I am rather well disappointed.

you might aswell return the headset to the store. I have had this problem since I started this thread(almost a year ago) and Creative have'nt made one sign of trying to fix it. I've spoken to the customer support but they can't do anything. Just return it while it is still an option and buy a new one. When I noticed this problem and read on these forums that alot of other people had the same problem I thought that Creative would fix it but they won't. So just return it and get another one.