Thread: How to get a proper file format for my external hard drive

How to get a proper file format for my external hard drive

Give pleasure to recommend me the method without formatting how to revolutionize the RAW file to NTFS file system. For the reason by means of the intention of I encompass significant data in E drive which is RAW file. I recently bought a 64 gb pendrive (Kingston). I endeavor to format it, additional than throughout formatting its file system misrepresented into RAW commencing from NTFS and not formatted at the entire It is not opening at the entire, demonstrating the "disk is not formatted". When I am frustrating to format it in NTFS it is demonstrating pendrive not be able to be formatted. A number of help give pleasure to I encompass a healthy / active hard drive additional than the file system seems to not be registering (formerly NTFS at present blank). At present when I endeavor to have right of entry this 2nd hard drive for my data files, it is prompting me I need to format.

Re: How to get a proper file format for my external hard drive

In this you encompass to backing up your significant files frequently is the key to recovering beginning a serious system malfunction. And, by proceeds of Microsoft Windows XP, the majority effective technique to back up your system is to copy your files to an exterior hard drive utilizing Windows Backup. Previous to you back up your system for the first time, you determine to desire to be certain your exterior hard drive is formatted by means of the New Technology File System (NTFS).There are two traditions to facilitate NTFS on your exterior hard drive you be able to format it or renovate it. If you encompass not yet copied several files on your exterior drive, you be supposed to format it by means of NTFS. Formatting is preferable to renovate for the reason with the intention of it determine to create the drive run faster, among additional benefits.

If it’s in raw system file then you necessitate to have right of entry it in disk management and generate a innovative partition/drive choosing ntfs system, to acquire there, right hit it off on my system >manage and choose disk management. At present right hit it off on apparatus which in raw, select generate innovative partition. If the apparatus is write prevented then have the assist of Faq to eliminate it then do the course of action as explained: almost certainly the partition table (surrounded by the master boot record i.e. the primary 512 bytes of the disk) is damaged somehow. Try to locate a Linux Life-CD (Knoppix, Suse, whatever) and fix the tribulations by means of fdisk. The fdisk is a command line usefulness in Linux.

The tokiwa fat 32 formatter program worked, I was frightened I would encompass to crack open the tower and attach as a slave additional than the formatter seems to be running extremely well and the surprising obsession for me was my usb drive did not demonstrate up in my comp. Additional than the formatter has a drop down and you certain do desire to select the accurate drive as it was defaulted to my "C" drive, this is enormous no cracking open the container and hooking up as slave immediately to format a drive, so freaking windows determine to observe it as a drive via USB. I have comprised imac and I am utilizing Maxtor 500GB exterior harddisk. I had formatted utilizing apple Disk convenience and it was running extremely well. Additional than one day unexpectedly it stopped demonstrating on the desktop and I am not capable to have right of entry it at present. I be able to feel the disk rotating and the light is on the HDD.

I have comprised a drive by means of the intention of was prearranged to me for data recovery and it demonstrates up beneath disk management as 73GB by means of NTFS file system and as healthy, additional than it does not give several drive letters assigned or permit me to have right of entry it from side to side usb correlation. I necessitate to pull off a bunch of photos and then it be able to be tossed, additional than do you be familiar by means of of several disk program by means of the intention of might permit me to have right of entry it. I have presently started giving the impression of being for respond. I have 3 TB working with and the whole thing was extremely well until I restarted and then they are become aware of and accessible additional than they the reading and transfer of the files is tremendously sluggish similar to I mean 1-3kb a sec.

I had purchased a 500GB SATA drive and PCI host card to position in on to my 6-y/o computer, and even though I was capable to productively install the fixation (and perceive it in the device manager), it had no letter and consequently was useless. It's presently formatting (59% done golly additional than 500GB takes a long time to format) so I do not be familiar by means of for certain if it's going to run, additional than at least it's Drive F: at present. Yes I have comprised and spent accurately weeks on this, learning how to FLASH my BIOS, mucking approximately by means of Driver Detective, installing, uninstalling and re-installing the PCI card & drive in excess of and over. I was attractive certain I desirable to format the innovative disk, additional than did not be familiar by means of how to do it w/o a drive letter.