Thread: Dell inspiron 5100 display shows a pink screen on starting

Dell inspiron 5100 display shows a pink screen on starting

I have recently brought a dell inspiron 5100. I have started facing a problem with the display. The problem is that when I start the laptop I get a pink screen. After that when I enter windows the screen just gets blank after getting into the windows. Now I am tired of this problem. What can be the reason behind it. I am searching for the part number of the inverter for my laptop. I think the main reason is the inverter to cause this problem. So suggest me some solutions with which I can get this problem solved.

Re: Dell inspiron 5100 display shows a pink screen on starting

I think so the problem is not with the monitor or the display card. If it is showing you a blank screen then probably you must check up the video card. The issue can also be of the monitor. The bulb inside the display may be not functioning well which is giving you this result. So try replacing the bulb inside the display. If you cannot do it on your own then get it done by a good technician or visit some sites that will show you a step by step instructions to work with the monitor. Just try this out and let me know.

I am quite sure that this problem is of the backlight. The defective backlight display inverter can give you several complications like the screen is on but there is no display. The sound is on but there is no display in the screen. Display of the screen getting on/off every time. As far as the part number is concerned you can get the part numbers of the various backlight inverter in the internet by just typing the product name of the laptop. So do get your backlight inverter replaced. Its not a big task the replacement is quite simple you can do it on your own. So try out with the said solution and do let me know if it works.

I would suggest you to try to replace the inverter with the CCFL(Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp). These CCFL have a much better life expectancy then the inverter. So most of the technicians try replacing an inverter with the CCFL. CCFL runs on a high voltage. It consumes a lot of voltage to start the plasma. So my recommendation will be to go with the CCFL. Only because of the high life expectancy it provides with the quality as same as that of the inverter.