Thread: Get live sound from Mic to speaker output

Get live sound from Mic to speaker output

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my laptop. I have good speakers connected to my computer. Now my question is how can I hear sound from speakers to what I speak from a mic? Is this possible to do like this in laptops? My laptop’s sound hardware is Sigmatel. I have tried several settings on my laptop and ended up with no sound on speakers. I cannot hear any sound from it while playing songs and showing a message” Unable play the file because there is a problem with your sound hardware”. What is the reason for this error message? How can I get it back to normal position?

Re: Get live sound from Mic to speaker output

You don’t need any extra setting in your laptop in order to get the live sound from the mic from the dame system. Just make sure that you have connected the speakers in AUDIO IN port and the mic in MIC IN port. As for the next issue concern there might be chance that you have mistakenly deleted the sound driver without your knowledge. Otherwise assume that the speakers or sound drivers already in use or may not be functioning properly because of unwanted settings. Did you try upgrading, roll backing and reinstalling those drivers? If not, try it first.

Go to the control panel>sounds and drivers and in that window check that is there is mute option is enabled wither on Line In, Mic In or Line out. Also look into their corresponding volume sliders and effects. You may get options to test either the speakers or Mic or both. Click on that test button and see what output will you get. If you get any error message while playing the test sequence then there must be some kind of hardware faults. If all things are perfect then go into the device manager and see whether there is any yellow mark on sound drivers or not.

I don’t know whether is directly possible to hear the live sound form speakers at a time. But you can test your mic and speakers by recording whatever things from MIC and playback it. All the windows OS included a sound recorder application. To get this Click Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder. Do you have Realtek HD audio manager for audio configurations? If you have one set the appropriate options Line In and MIC in, adjusts their volume, Run the test, and see in live operation.