Thread: SB0680 installation tells no hardware found in Vista

SB0680 installation tells no hardware found in Vista

I am using the Windows vista x86 as my primary operating system in my desktop PC. Yesterday I tried to install the Kx drivers including sound blaster live! 5.1 PCI (SB0680). But when I looks into system it shows me that no hardware detected. So I tried to and forced the windows to pick up the SB0060, SB010x and Generics but it didn’t make at all. It keeps crashing with Kx.sys at the middle of the crisis. When restarting it also the system says Kx couldn’t start because of no hardware found there. Otherwise if I stuck in the middle of the installation and ignore this message and the windows will say that the card is belonging to kx drivers but there are no driver files. How to get this work right? Why it is crashing?

Re: SB0680 installation tells no hardware found in Vista

As I gone through your problem I notice that it something sounds like a cause of the new model system. So it might not be compatible with the kx or its drivers. As from the background I can think that this model is not the SB Live! 5.1. It is actually a Sound Blaster 5.1. I tried to find some information about it and there it described that this model has a 10kx chip and it will no longer to be compatible with Kx. So go to the same store where you have bought this model and ask them about the complete model descriptions, compatibility, drivers etc.

As I know the SB0080 is a fake. Can you see how the windows will detect it? Search this model number on the internet. If it is original you will get the complete description about its troubleshooting issues. Also see the list of cards that are only compatible to KX. What will the id of the chip on that card? Check this chip id on the internet and you will get the result about whether it is the original one or not.

If you are using the older drivers then it cannot be detected by the Windows Vista. Look in your system’s device manager, is it showing anything about soundcard? If you look something like yellow flag there then update or rollback the driver once again and reboot the system. Otherwise Go to Run by clicking the Start button and type msinfo32. There you will need to expand the component section. If you found the sound device, click on it and check the information. If the information sated as WDM (Windows Driver model) then thinks that you are using Windows build-in.