Thread: Problem In Reading 1TB Dynamic Disk

Problem In Reading 1TB Dynamic Disk

I recently just updated my hard disk and have been just planning to increase the disk space. I am not able to save files of higher disk space as the storage space in my hard-disk is small which causes me a problem for putting some data, movies and songs. I had just put a hard-disk of 1TB but I am not getting what the main problem is their with it, because the day from when I have installed the hard-disk it cannot be read properly. Nowadays the problem has become grave causing me more problems as I am unable to read the important data from it. Please suggest me a solution so that I read my dynamic disk properly and get all the important data from hard-disk.

Re: Problem In Reading 1TB Dynamic Disk

Try to connect your 1TB hard-disk to some other system and see whether it is working properly or not. If the same problem is being faced in some other system then try out by doing the computer booting in that system and see whether ant errors are being displayed. Then try to take out your OS drive and boot that drive in other machine and see whether you can read it from your OS or. By doing that your Dynamic Disk drive should be readable and the problem should be solved.

Always remember whenever you are trying to format the hard disk always go with the basic option and not with the dynamic one because this is always a basic problem whenever you try to format the disk-drive using the dynamic option. other option is that you got to delete the partitions and then you got to start the rebuilding of the disk. Also when your opting for the disk management option never go for the format with the dynamic option.

Other way out is that you can follow some simple steps for the hacking of your current unreadable position to the one which you were before able yo read. Below are the steps to be followed when your trying to hack the system to get the system configuration of 1TB back. And before starting the process you got to have the Windows 2000 SP4 support tools called the DskProbe. DskProbe is called to be a sector editor tool which will allows you to edit, save, and copy data on a physical hard disk. Once when you have downloaded and installed the support tools, run DskProbe.exe from C:\Program Files\Support Tools.

The simple steps that you can follow if the problem of the Hard-disk prevails:
    1. Go to the Open Physical Drive window and double click the drive which you wish to edit.
    2. Then you got to click on Set Active and once when the drive has been set as active, you got to close the window.
    3. And then next step is to click on Sectors and then you have to select Read option.
    4. Enter the Starting Sector which is said to be as 0 and the Number of Sectors to 1 then click Read.
    5. Then scroll down until you locate a sector called the 01C0 and the third byte from the left should read 42.
    6. You got to change the byte to 07.
    7. Next you will be told to click on next and then exit the files by prompting some changes in the files.
    8. Click yes and when the software called the DskProbe comes in display close it and then reboot your machine and this should lead to reset your drives to the one which you were using before.

The last option is that you can go to the retailer and check out what could be your problem. The retailer can provide you with warranty and guarantee option so that so can replace the device that is not working properly for you. The retailer can also provide you with the user manual and also the data that can be used for the rebooting and then getting the certain data that is not able to be retrieved by the system.