Thread: Setting up an ASUS Crosshair III system

Setting up an ASUS Crosshair III system

Hi I have decided to build a new system and these all things i have taken into consideration-
    • The ASUS Crosshair III Formula AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard
    • And also the AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor
    • I have aslo decided to use the G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
    • And the video card is of SAPPHIRE TOXIC Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
    • (x2)
    • Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
    • The power supply that attracted me a lot was Athena Power AP-P4ATX95FEPC 950W EPS12V Version 2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Now my worry is that whether this all things will last for a long period or i have to make some changes. Please help me in deciding the best configured system also let me know any alternative that will suit into it.

Re: Setting up an ASUS Crosshair III system

I have gone through the system configuration that you have decided for your system, the thing here is that all the things that are mentioned by you are fine and are of high class, The only thing i would like to change here is that if you will choose the Intel processors for the same thing than it will be more helpful to you. Intel has all the latest core i3, i4 , i5 , i7 which are more powerful than the processor that you have selected. I hope that the Intel will suit on your system and will run smoothly. so try and make only one possible change regarding the processor which matters here the most. And i am sure that changing the processor will help you to increase your performance with great speed.

If you will go with the Intel core 2 duo processor that will help you the most and here are some of the important features of it-
    1. Intel multi-core processing provides greater multitasking performance by combining two independent processor cores in one physical package
    2. Intel Wide Dynamic Execution improves execution time and energy efficiency with more instructions per clock cycle
    3. Intel Intelligent Power Capability enables smarter, more energy-efficient performance
    4. Intel Smart Memory Access improves system performance by optimizing the use of the available data bandwidth
    5. Intel Advanced Smart Cache enables higher performance and more efficient cache subsystem by optimizing for multi-core processors
    6. Intel Advanced Digital Media Boost accelerates a broad range of applications including video, speech and image, photo processing, encryption, financial, engineering, and scientific applications

Is it possible for you to remove the video card that you have selected from that list. The thing here is that if you have such a high configuration than it might happen the video card may go off. Since the video resolution required is more.In this case i will suggest you to go with any other video card that has highest video resolutions and with the finest output. So better try and use the video card with greatest functionality and i am sure changing the video card will automatically complete the system of yours. And other specified are all fine to build a new and best system.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital time for giving the solution. as said by you that i have to change the video card from the list so is it possible for you to just suggest me the best graphic cards available in the current scenario. Also let me know all it its features and specifications that will help me to know the graphic card in detail. i am sure that changing the card will help me to build a complete and well configured system. Is there is a way that will help me to know the different types of cards available for the system that i am building and if yes than please let me know. So that i can study and understand that whole card and then will decide whether to buy it or not on its features.
    Last edited by Tajdar7; 08-11-2010 at 02:23 PM.

If you will ask me than i will suggest you to go with the Sapphire Radeon HD 5970. It is one of the finest card that i have ever witnessed. The thing here is that it will provide you the best video resolution and also the finest gaming experience. It is one of the powerful video card that has the two maximum GPUs on the board. It also has the 2GB onboard memory when you will combine the same with a quality processor. It provides you the best platform for playing games and also the best video playing ability. In the current scenario it is one of the best card available in the context. I hope that this card will help you in building a perfect system.

Here are some of the specifications that will help you to know the card in detail-
    Specifications
    Output
    • 2 x Dual-Link DVI
    • 1 x Mini-DisplayPort

GPU
    • 900 MHz Core Clock
    • 40 nm Process Technology
    • 3200 x Stream Processors

Memory
    • 4096 MB Size
    • 12(2x256) -bit GDDR5
    • 4800 MHz Effective

Dimension
    • 310x118x61 mm Size.

Software
    • Driver CD

According to me the Diamond Radeon HD 5850 will satisfy all your requirements. Actually the system that you are building contains the high profile configurations and the Diamond Radeon HD 5850 will fulfill the same. Here are some pf the features of the Diamond Radeon HD 5850 card-
    • It provides you the Superscale unified shader architecture
    • It also has the PCI Express 2.0 support
    • also supprts the Direct X 11.0
    • It gives you the high scalable performance
    • It has almostfour GPU support
    • It also has an support for the ATI Radeon DVI
    • one of the uniqze feature is Unified Video Decoder
    • It also provides you the ATI PowerPlay
    • It has the built in HDCP Support
    • HD video playback
    • CATALYST Software Drivers
    Last edited by deoWo; 08-11-2010 at 02:50 PM.

I also want you to change the video card and if you will go with the Sapphire redeon video card-
    • Graphics processor- 2 x ATI Radeon HD 5970, 900MHz
    • Pipeline- 2 x 1,600 stream processors (900MHz), 2 x 32 ROPs
    • Memory- 2 x 2GB GDDR5, 4.8GHz effective
    • Bandwidth- 2 x 153.6GB/sec, 256-bit interface
    • Compatibility- DirectX 11, OpenGL 3.1
    • Outputs/Inputs- 2 x DVI, 1 x mini-DisplayPort, 1 x CrossFire
    • Power Connections- 2 x 8-pin, side-mounted
    • Size- 310mm long, triple-slot
    • Warranty- two-year