Thread: Comparison between Silverstone Vs thermaltake

Comparison between Silverstone Vs thermaltake

Hey friends I just want some vital information on power supply. I am working all office work at home only. But I am little bit confused about the power supply. I have two PSU one is Silverstone and another one is Thermaltake. I have Intel core 2 duo processor @3.2GHz, has a graphic card of GeForce GTx 460, motherboard of Gigabyte and has RAM of 4GB. But I am not so sure about this power supply that means which one is the best. If there is any other power supply has more features so please share some information about that PSU, will appreciated.

Re: Comparison between Silverstone Vs thermaltake

If I were you at your place I only use SILVERSTONE power supply. This power supply has a feature that fit in any system because it has compact size of 140mm depth and has 120mm fan which is so quite while working. THERMALTAKE power supply has a 140mm fan which is bigger than Silverstone. Silverstone take less space in the case than thermaltake power supply. So as my opinion you must use SILVERSTONE power supply.

SILVERSTONE PSU is the best option to choose to pass power to your system. This power supply has a capacity to control your system will improve performance while working on multiple tasks. THERMALTAKE power supply has 450w where SILVERSTONE power supply has 500w so it passes all proper power to all hardware. In short Silverstone PSU include all somewhat feature of thermaltake PSU. So just go with the best power supply in which your all requirement might be fulfilled.

THERMALTAKE power supply support only ATX 12V 2.2 where SILVERSTONE Support both ATX 12V 2.3 & EPS 12V. Silverstone PSU work better in multiple tasks than thermaltake PSU by providing its performance ratio. Silverstone PSU support PCI-E connectors where as thermaltake don’t include this feature. Silverstone efficiency is 82% to 85% where as thermal has efficiency about 70%. So try with the best power supply will help you out.

You can use XFX PSU-XXX edition which provide you best performance among thermaltake and Silverstone PSU. This openly provide you 650w of continues power, it has high enough efficiency upto 85%, it fan size is bigger than both of that PSU and it support both SLI and ATI adapters. But for your knowledge you only refer SELVERSTONE power supply because this provide you all the extra feature that THERMALTAKE power supply don’t have. So for your safety you just take SILVERSTONE power supply which fulfills your requirement.