Thread: DP55WB board cannot update to BIOS 293 or 310

DP55WB board cannot update to BIOS 293 or 310

I happy to have this DP55WB board, with which I can explore the full performance of the Intel core i7 860 processor. The only problem I am having is BIOS update 293 or 310 doesn’t work at all. But the older version works just fine. But when I tried to update the newer versions, it shows as successful. But it will not posting. I tried the several method like restoring the BIOS, no boot diagnosis and remove battery. I am falling out of luck. How can I update it? Is there anyone who solved the similar problem?

Every motherboard platform contains the similar problem regarding the BIOS update. I have also gone through the similar problem. The main problem of this is about the memory. There could be a problem with configuration of memory stick. If you have more than one stick attached then try it with only one stick. If this won’t help then try to flash. If your system works fine with older version then why don’t you go for that .

You may know that every new version of update contain several bugs which cannot be solved until it is not detected by the several users. The dame thing is in this. The BIOS 293 or 310 may contain bugs on memory configuration which terminates you for booting the system. There is also a bug on BIOS 251 version which makes the problem on WOL (Wake on LAN) feature.Use the memory sticks which is in Intel approved list.

Why do you need to update the bios to newer version if your system working perfectly with bios 251.Once you have completes the download process from official website shut down your pc. Now take out the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Wait several minutes. Now put it same place and turn on the computer.

The computers do need bios update unless it is recommended for some reason. You should have read the instruction before initializing the update. If there any interruption happened when you were downloading or initializing the update the system will going to start at all. You also need a steady power supply in order to complete this task. Otherwise I won’t function properly. The bios update is designed to function on only windows system. You need to follow the instruction about the bios if you are new to this.