Thread: Windows 7 and the wireless card

Windows 7 and the wireless card

I have a problem with my operating system and the wireless card. Initially when i used them together it worked fine, but later started getting the problem. My system now does not recognizes the wireless card. I have tried to reinstall the drivers but it is still not working. When i am trying to remove the card and insert it again, then Windows is getting freezed on startup. Need some help. I am providing below the configuration of my system.
    -Linksys WMP600N wireless adapter
    -Windows 7 64 bit
    -AMD phnom II x4 proccessor
    -ASUS M4A785TD-M Evo motherboard
    -4Gb RAM
    -XFX geforce gts250 graphics card
    Last edited by The-Don; 14-10-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Re: Windows 7 and the wireless card

I feel that the problem seems like when the operating system is updating itself, then Windows 7 is installing a non workable driver. I will recommend you to get your adapter replaced with a new one. then after replacing the adapter you see what is the outcome and accordingly reply me. I hope that by doing this it will fix your issue and you will not be having any problem.

Even i am facing the same problem. My system is not recognizing the wireless card. I have tried to do many things such as updating the driver, reinstalling the driver, reinstalling the windows 7 OS etc. Even after trying so many things i am not able to get the problem solved. So i require your support on this problem. Thanks.

I will recommend you to do the following things. Go to Control Panel ------->Windows Update-------->View History------>Look for a driver update. After doing this try to remove the driver from the control panel. When you are trying to update the windows you will have to uncheck the adapter driver,after doing that remove it from the download list.

I am facing the similar problem with my new card. The card is working properly, but i am getting the message that " network connections not available " . I have checked the card on the other system and it is working fine. I contacted to the Lynksys and they told me that there is problem with my hardware. I have recently purchased the system and does not understand how there is problem in my hardware.