Thread: Solid-state drive vs SATA Drive

Solid-state drive vs SATA Drive

I suppose to upgrade my personal computer on next week I am having a good configuration. I just want to upgrade it as possible as I can. Currently I am having SATA drive in my Personal Computer and I am looking for a hard drive, a solid-state drive. I want know how this two are special in different ways. I have basic knowledge about those hard drive, but don’t know to go with which one, so if you having any information regarding this then please provide me.
    Last edited by Tamkinath; 23-09-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Re: Solid-state drive vs SATA Drive

The normal hard disk drives produce more heat than a Solid state drive. The normal hard drive used more heat and power because it enclose a motor and mechanical parts that consumes more energy where solid state drive not enclose any moving part in the solid state devices. Because of this it does not produce extra energy.

In the new Solid state drive you might not see any modify in frame rates, but good thing of it’s that is you will see more rapidly load times. It is an internal flash drive and grants drastically quicker read/write speed compare to SATA drive. If you have to use laptop then I advise you to go with Solid state drive only because of producing less heat.

When you have laptop then it can be good decision to have Solid State drive in your laptop instead of SATA drive. As compare to SATA drive Solid State drive is much expensive. For your personal computer SATA hard disk is very good. SATA hard drive is efficiently improve airflow and also very easy for tidiness, handling also it is bendable in your Personal Computer, because of its longer and thinner cables.

There are some good features to SATA drive over the Solid State drive (SSD). If you getting multilayer Solid state which is more affordable, but slower instead of single layer Solid state for writing, then you have to choose SATA drive which writes faster than Multilayer SSD. I propose you to go with the SATA drive because its speed is also good enough than multilayer SSD.

I am having multilayer Solid state. In general, if you get a Single layer Solid State drive they are the best ever hard drives present at the moment. MLC SSDs are a gigantic leap over SATA drives. Due to spinning it don’t make sound and having no disc in it with super-fast than SATA. With less heat but costly than SATA. If you want to spend more on hard drive then go for SSD.

Solid state drive is fast, may be having less heat. And normal Standard HDD it’s similar to 7200 RPM the speed is satisfactory, can be noisy, and generally come in larger capability than Solid State Drive. SSD is superior to HDD, but less capacity with expensive than HDD. HDD is okay for all else but its little worse in noise and produce heat.