Thread: How to solve my Laptop Keyboard Problem

How to solve my Laptop Keyboard Problem

Hello,
    I am having the laptop of sony .I am facing the problem that i get numbers instead of characters on some of the keys.For example 2 on the K key, 5 on the I key and so on.I am not able to understand what is happening to my keyboard.Do any one have any idea ,that to solve this problem?Please help me out.

Re: How to solve my Laptop Keyboard Problem

This can be solved by pressing "fn" and "num lock scroll" keys together.There should be no light next to the "num lock scroll" ,it should be off for the keyboard to work normally.If the light is ON ,then the fn key is active and locks the functions on the keys.If you want to enable or disable this character ,you need to do the things as mentioned above.

This is the solution for every one who are facing this same problem on the keyboard..You need to go to Start ---------> Program --------> Accessories------->Accessibility-------->On screen keyboard ,then click on the num button on the left hand side and make it off.This is how i solved the problem of my key board.This is simple and best way for solving problem related to keyboard.
    Last edited by Zecho; 17-09-2010 at 05:44 PM.

I solved my problem by using the steps provided by the opaper.I had never thought that i will be able to make this out ,but the problem did get solved.I thank to opaper for giving me such a solution.But there is one problem that my touch pad on top to turn computer on and mute and volume still don't work.Any ways thanks for solving the number lock problem.

I am having a IBM think-pad at my home .I to was facing the problem with my keyboard.I solved this problem by pressing 'shift & num lock/scroll' keys together instead of 'fn & num lock/scroll'.You can try any of this solution which work on your system.Try it .If your problem is not solving then please let me know