Thread: Samsung SSD Trim?

Samsung SSD Trim?

I have some question: I was looking around for the answer to this but I'm still not sure. I downloaded HwInfo32 utility from online and it shown me that my firmware version is Drive Revision: VBM24D1Q and then under it shows TRIM Command: Supported (Indeterminate Read after TRIM). Is it proved that I have already installed firmware?

Re: Samsung SSD Trim?

Which laptop or computer you are using? I am using dell laptop. If you installed Samsung SSD without trim then just make a call to Dell service center if you can claim warranty. I was having without trim and I found that it had slow down the process. I made a call to customer of Dell after making many tests, they sent me new SSD. So just made a call to the Dell and tell them that your SSD is starting to slow down, I hope they will send you another. And I m sure that the firmware will come soon

Windows 7 was launched, and this week, Intel has launched a new firmware version for their 34nm drives to bear TRIM and its works very good. The older one design controller and the 34mm MLC NAND flash memory left the people in dust and it was also not having the feature of TRIM. But now Intel launched the new one to support for Windows 7 but I cannot say that it will support the lower version because I have not tried yet.

You can upgrade firmware updates but I have seen some problem with this type of up gradation. Normally it’s improving the performance but the only thing about the firmware updating is that it will format or erase your entire whole disk. So you end up having to format again, set up, drivers etc. go to the website of hwinfo and see the application there. It will tell you the firmware version and if trim is supported.

The firmware allows the Trim feature of the ATA Data Set Management Command, but those who have 160GB SSDs will get a great performance increase! Once the firmware update has been installed on your laptop/computer you will see an immediate performance increase on the sequential write speeds as the speeds have been amplified to 100MB per second, which is a 40 percent performance development over the presented firmware version. I asked Intel why 80GB SSDs aren't getting any sequential write speed improvements and Intel responded by saying that while both the 160GB and the 80GB drives use the 10 channel controller structural design, that the 160GB has twice the number of NAND die as the 80GB and can therefore take benefit of the firmware changes for higher sequential write performance.

Firstly I am well confused with your question. What you exactly trying to ask? But I made something with my machine: If you have got the PB22, it must support TRIM... finally. A false Samsung’s planning to implement the feature, but I have not heard any concrete where or how. Dell or any one will most likely issue a firmware update and when they will launch it?

What I know, HWiNFO32 is free. You can utilize and share out it freely. Any change to the packages is prohibited.HWiNFO32 is updated often (daily) with recognition of new hardware, technologies and features. Update series for full release is about 1 month, for the Beta pre-release about 1-2 per week. There might be temporary builds available if necessary. It is extremely suggested to use the newest available build. Beta pre-releases are completely useful, generally with new features that might require evaluation and updates that will be promoted to a full release.