Thread: Decent DDR3 for i7 Build

Decent DDR3 for i7 Build

I have currently bought new i7. I have bought i7 rig with a 930 and x58a ud3r. Actually I want help from you guys that I want decent clocking RAM which is not crossing the price of 1000 rs. I am looking to clock the 930 to around 4ghz.Can I get better off going with 2000 or 1600 RAM? Actually I am looking for the 6GB of rip jaws otherwise I think they have a new CL7 set. So any suggestion that you can provide for me.

Re: Decent DDR3 for i7 Build

I was also facing the similar matter some days back. Then I google on this and searched a lot regarding this topic then I came to know that the RAM about which you are talking it solid but the RAM which is I am using that is mushkin it also 4 $ cheaper than yours . And it is in stock. I think you can’t beat this.

Quote Originally Posted by need Tos View Post
    I was also facing the similar matter some days back. Then I google on this and searched a lot regarding this topic then I came to know that the RAM about which you are talking it solid but the RAM which is I am using that is mushkin it also 4 $ cheaper than yours . And it is in stock. I think you can’t beat this.
    Hey friend I have heard about mushkin but never tried it. But I hope I will stick with the g.skill. Actually I stick with this because of tad lower voltage and sub timings and also it doesn’t make ahigh difference. And one more reason is that I am used to using g.skill. So only for these reasons I will go with g.skill. Thanks a lot.

I was also looking for the same question some months back actually at that time I was buying pc so for that I was searching a lot on the net. Then I come to know that mushkin is highly recommende RAM. Actually it has the high overclocKable potential among all the RAM since DDR1 days. So I hope you have to go for this.

Hey actually I am also in trouble. I want your help regarding this.I have i7-930. I have lot of issue regarding the memory kits for running it at the high rated speed. Actually When I have bought my rig then I have purchased a set of corsair modules. Because of that I getting very frustrated. Then I have contacted corsair tech support who advised me to RMA. And they told me that I could be running into limitations of the memory controller on the processor. So when I send the email of the corsair I get refund from my supplier. And once again I get the same problems it won’t run stable. For the moment I've given up on trying to achieve rated speeds but I think that possibly my i7 has a lower quality memory controller and it makes me wish I spent a little more on a 950. If you people will provide any help then it will be appreciated.

Previously I was also facing the same issue. Then I take help from one of the hardware engineer at that time he suggest me to try more vtt voltage. And even though it is not solved then it is happening because of the poor poor internal memory controller in your cpu. So try this I hope it will work.

I have tried whatever you have told I have did the same thing and after doing all things in last I have reboot it. And then I saw that my problem get fixed. Actually before it I have tried other solutions also but they are ineffective in my case. I just want thank you one more time.