Thread: Momentus XT + Macbook Pro 13 Install Problem

Momentus XT + Macbook Pro 13 Install Problem

I got my Momentus XT, recently. I tried to copy data to the Momentus XT using a USB-to-SATA adapter woth SuperDuper that I downloaded. The problem is that it takes a long time for the transfer to take place otherwise there is no issue. Also the SuperDuper completed the task without any errors. When I reassembled the machine, and powered it on it did not boot in Mac OS. Instead of booting in Mac it shows a folder with a question mark on it. I can not understand what is actually going on here. Am I alone on this, and is there anyone who knows what could be wrong? Help

Re: Momentus XT + Macbook Pro 13 Install Problem

I have read about this issue, but the laptop was Lenovo T61. It said that Lenovo T61 has had problems with the Momentus XT. They also gave the solution for that. For this problem a Simple Jumper resolved the issue. I do not know if you can try it on your laptop. If, you do not get any other solution I would tell you to try this and see for it. Also I do not know if the jumper would limit the drive to 1.5Gbps. See for that yourself, and also do post if you succeed.

Too, read the same issue regarding Lenovo T61. Although I think that the issue that is being discussed here can be solved using the Jumpers. One thing that I want to make clear is that, Lenovo T61, had the chipset SATA 1 limitation, and it is not the case with the Macbook. So, you should have no problem as far as limitation is considered. Also it should run at SATA-2 speed of 3.0Gb/s.

Here exactly with the same issue. I have Apple - MacBook Pro. The drives in it are fine. I do not have any problem while I am booting it with the external drive connected via USB, but when I attempt to install it inside the laptop, it refuses to boot. The system of MacBook Pro fails with the same problem i.e. it shows a folder blinking with a question mark over it. I will try the Jumper that has been suggested, though I have not read the issue with Lenovo. If you all get something please do post. Thanks

Does Mac supports cloning? I even do not know about this. The only thing that at this moment I can suggest you to do is go for the Clean Install. This would be a safer option since there could have been an alignment problem. Clean Install will give you a better performance. Also I need to ask you something regarding the firmware, are you using the latest firmware SD23? If not then I think this is what will fix your problem.