Thread: HP Photosmart C4680 Scanning problems with Snow Leopard

HP Photosmart C4680 Scanning problems with Snow Leopard

I have problem regarding the scanning. Actually When I upgrade my system after that I am facing this problem. Before this it was working fine but after it there is a problem of scanning and printing. So that is why I have downloaded the apple hp printing driver update through the software update on my mac. Then I have deleted and then reinstall that driver software for multiple times. But eventhough it is not working. It was working properly before upgrading. But in this printing is working properly . Whenever I try to scan anything from the printer the hp scanner software starts to open on my imac and them promptly crashes. And when I try to open the scanning software from the imac it crashes. So can anyone help me.

Re: HP Photosmart C4680 Scanning problems with Snow Leopard

If you are not able to scan from your printer which is supported by the snow leopard operating system. Or your printing is also not going to work properly so try these steps I hope it will fix it.
    • Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
    • Select the printer in question and click the minus sign at the bottom of the list.
    • Select the plus sign and re-add it.
    Even if it is not working so you just do the same thing only instead of the second step, you just simply right click the print queue area and select Reset Printing System.

Hey buddy, actually I am also facing the same problem in that I am using HP printer in that printing is ok but when I try to scan through this but it doesn't work. Actually in this neither Preview nor Image Capture see the printer/scanner for me. I am using snow leopard operating system. So if have any idea then post it.

I'm not familiar with Apple but try this. It worked in Win7.In opened Temp folder, open any folder starting with “7z”.
    In opened ‘7z” folder, open “Util” folder.
    Open “CCC” folder.
    Run “Uninstall_L3.bat” (32-bit) or “Uninstall_L364.bat” (64-bit).
    Continue with the un-installation wizard.
    Restart the computer to make the changes effective.This should clean your installation.I've also tried installing minimum drivers, but it did not work. After the full deinstall try redownloading the FULL version and reinstall. Hope this will work. Or different trick is you can try it on the different user on the different computer.

Whatever you are saying here it is related to the Apple question related. I know these tricks actually I have seen it on the one of the forum site. I am looking for the snow leopard. And I don't know why are you posting something about window 7? This won't help from any way.

Actually I have deleted the HP driver from my PC. Currently I am using mac and in that after deleting it I have reinstall it but it doesn’t work. Actually I have done this number of times but I didn’t get any success. Then I have updated it for the HP print drivers but my problem remain same. In that I can only take print out scanning is still not working properly.

My uncle help me regarding this issue he told me to download Apple update manually and it will do trick.I have did that as my uncle said. And yes it did the trick. By the way you just call the Apple and several emails to HP and no one was able to figure it out. But my uncle solve it. I just suggest you that you also try it.