Thread: Want To Increase Hard Disk Space ??

Want To Increase Hard Disk Space ??

I am right now using my computer with XP SP2 having 150GB HDD Samsung Sata. Now i an planning to purchase a new 500GB HDD so i want to set it up on my computer and i want to use Both Hard disk, i have a 2GB DDR 1. So these configuration is sufficient for it or not. How can i connect both the Hard disks, please reply me with an answer and the configuration setting to install the new hard disk.

Re: Want To Increase Hard Disk Space ??

To add the new hard disk, you need to first plug it in the computer, make sure that the system is fully turn off. When the hard disk is properly installed in the hard drive slot then restart the computer. Once the Windows is on then right click on the Manage section. A window will pop up,on the left click on Computer Management. Now your hard drive is connected and you can see that there is a 500GB Unallocated Space. Then to format hard drive you right click on it and partition it.

Your Hard disk can be installed easily by you only, first turn off all the mains. Then plug in the new hard disk in the slot provided, you can also use the manual that you get with the hard disk for these purpose. After that restart the system and then go into the BIOS and follow the steps which will allow you to format the the new hard disk and partition it properly.

As you have mentioned that you want to install a new hard disk in your existing system, so you can plug in the new hard disk in the hard drive and then restart the system. The most simple solution for that is just go for a new Windows installation and at the time of installation it will ask to format and partition the hard drive so then format it. At last restart the system and you are ready to use the new hard drive.

The 500 GB Samsung Sata can be easily attached to your system, you need to just switch off your computer and then plug in the new hard drive in the hard drive slot included in the cabinet. Restart the system, right click on the My Computer go to the manage section. Then in Computer Management, there will be a pop up showing the drive name which are currently available in that. Just select it and format it along partitioning the drive. Your problem will be resolved.

I have plugged in the new hard drive in my system; them restarted the computer and made all the necessary settings that are provided by you. But there was on drive detected in the Manage Section of MY Computer. What should I do, is there any other way to make the connection of the drive or setting. Please reply with an appropriate answer to solve my problem.

There seems a problem with your computer Management section or with the BIOS. To be on the safer side, plug in the hard drive and then reinstall the Windows operating System. At the time of installation it will ask for the format and partition, just do the partition according to your requirement and then your drive will be done for use, these will resolve your issue for sure.