Thread: Creative Inspire 6700 does not get ON

Creative Inspire 6700 does not get ON

Recently i have got a Creative Inspire 6700 6.1 sound system and it was working properly but just for some days and now i do not know what has happened to this system as it is not getting on. I have checked the power supply and there is no problem in the power supply. I just do not get it that what could be the problem more then power supply behind this kind of problem. I am using windows vista on my system.

Re: Creative Inspire 6700 does not get ON

I am also having the same problem on my win 7 computer system as the creative sound system connected to this computer does not gets on. I have used this sound system till last day night and it was working without any problem but when i tried to switch it on today then it did not worked. Seems to be the same case with you, HELP!!! Is there anybody who can give any ideas as what will be the problem on my new sound system?

I would like to ask you that are you getting the power light on the volume controller as if there would be a light then your sound system is getting the power and hence there could be some problem with the system itself. I suggest you to check about the power button on your volume controller as even if there would be some minor mistake with the power button then the whole system does not gets started.

I think there could be something wrong regarding the fuse of the subwoofer of your creative surround sound system. If you a little bit stuff about an electronic items then i suggest you to open the subwoofer and check there would be one fuse inside it. Now check that fuse is in working condition or not. If this fuse have gone then you need to get the new fuse and then try starting your sound system.

Most probably this seems to be the problem with the power switch of the creative Inspire 6700 as it is the start point to supply the power in the whole system. And this switch is a piece of crap, It has been not manufactured finely as if you have used it bit roughly then an internal parts of that power switch gets disturbed and it starts showing problems. I suggest you to start all the setup and then try slapping on the power button just to check that is there any hope of getting power. If there would be then your system will at least show light for few seconds, Or it might happen that it starts working like mine.

I think there is really something seriously wrong with your Creative Inspire 6700 as it does not gets on at all. If there is nothing wrong with the power supply then i guess its the sound system's fault. First check plugging the sound system on some other socket and even there it is not getting the power then i guess you should directly go to the dealer from where you have bought it. And make sure that you keep your warranty card with you, You might have to use it.