Thread: Using LaserJet 6L on Parallel to USB Cable in vista

Using LaserJet 6L on Parallel to USB Cable in vista

I have tried a numeral of methods to get HP LaserJet 6L to correspond with Vista. It spent in excess of 3 hours by means of tranquil no luck. On the HP website, they designate that Windows Update in Vista determines to encompass the driver built in. My query is what port do you utilize or do you generate a innovative one. On a number of forums, people claim this be able to be done, but for tranquil cannot get this to go. I encompass even tried taking off 'bi-drectional' support – nothing.

Re: Using LaserJet 6L on Parallel to USB Cable in vista

Have dell studio 15 by means of Vista Ultimate and I am not capable to print on my HP laserjet 6l, even although supposedly I loaded the drivers from Vista on my system & I encompass a well-matched cable- I am in addition unable to print on my HP Laserjet 6L with vista. I purchased a parallel lead to USB and it would come into view that my laptop has recognized the printer but every time I try to print something.

I encompass older Dell Latitude laptop and utilize printers by means of parallel printer (HP Laserjet 4 & 5 and Oki). I encompass ordered a wireless parallel print server to permit wireless printing. I am at present in addition considered buying an innovative laptop, but do not be familiar with if it determines to be Normal 0 well-matched with my HP Laserjet 4 printer, printing wired or wireless. I was told that the printer drivers for my HP Laserjet 4, etc. might not be Normal 0 well-matched with the Vista operating system. I do not desire to ditch my existing printers. What is one to do to get the older printers to run correctly.

It is able to be done tested by the individually 6L printer prints well on vista too. The printer end is supposed to be associated to 25 pin parallel cable, rehabilitated to the USB on the notebook end of the wiring. To resolve your printing tribulations locate vista driver, in view of the fact that I encompass tested vista runs extremely well on HP 6L printers create certain you choose the accurate O/S and assign in to the USB virtual port 05.

I selected up an APC cable and cannot get anything to print. The examination page sends 73.1 of 73.2 bytes and stops - ultimately saying out of paper. APC overnighter me a substitute cable and there is no dissimilarity in procedure with the 2nd cable. I (and APC) would similar to be familiar with an explanation. I obtained an IOGEAR USB to Parallel Printer Cable and spoke by means of IOGEAR's technical hold up. It advised that HP laserjet 6L might not hold up USB Native Driver. If that is the case then the cables apparently determine to not run. I am trying to locate out from HP whether its 6L supports USB Native Driver.

Here's an update I be able to share: Following an interlude of aggravation and discouragement, I decided to try my cables out on an additional printer (attached to the similar USB port on my Toshiba laptop). Certain sufficient, they together run completely well with my HP DeskJet 960c inkjet printer. Of course, that does not actually solve anything, in view of the fact that the 960c as its own USB connection, along with the parallel one. So, the difficulty seems to be not with my cheap and cheaper USB/parallel cables but by means of the LJ 6L printer. I am tranquil hoping to hear this is not an completely insoluble difficulty, but I am not feeling confident.

I cannot assist with this, even though I have the similar difficulty. The cable exclusively says it supports the 6L, my trusted printer. Yet nothing occurs. Spent an extremely exasperating night last night 'Troubleshooting' to no avail. If anybody knows a fix for this might they please let me be familiar with. I am a writer who is under doing sufficient trauma having had his dependable PC die last week, consequently the attempt to attach the laptop to the printer, where previously I might print from the laptop to the 6L via my home network.

I found that a generic cord will work. I got a StarTech USB to IEEE-1284 Parallel Adapter from Amazon for $12 and it works fine at least in Vista, and never had to use the enclosed CD to make it work. I tried an expensive adapter but it wouldn't work!