Thread: Audio is cracking on Atheros AR5B97

Audio is cracking on Atheros AR5B97

Last month i buy new acer laptop and within one month it gives cracking or popping audio voice from its inbuilt speaker. My laptop contains Atheros AR5B97 and the windows 7 is running on it. Also alternatively i used the Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet controller NDIs 6.20. When i disabled first Atheros AR5B97, cracking sound doesn't come. while first one is one and the other one is off will be make such kind of sound. DPC latency checker shows that the problem is being related to the Atheros AR5B97 network adapter. Now i need proper process that works to fix this cracking sound problem. thanks.

re: Audio is cracking on Atheros AR5B97

You need to simply try to get the latest drivers for the Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Adapter. This will be work to use updated the PCI-E Ethernet controller. Then your system was able to fix this complicated problem. For doing this driver upgrade process, you need to simply use the official site. Then only you can catch the better result on your laptop.

Yes, same problem on my acer laptop. Then i simply installed a program that scans my computer for drivers. After finishing such scanning process, i use the inbuilt auto updates option that presents in the device manager. Then i simply think that the W-LAN drivers conflict with Realtek Audio Drivers.I used the genius professional edition driver for fixing your problem. In result, i found that the problem is being solved on it. Hence such network adapter driver update is being necessary here.

I used the WLAN Atheros 9.0.0.202 W7x64 drivers for upgrade process. In result, there is no such improvement happen on it. DPC Latency still display spikes. Also the popping and cracking audio comes from my laptop. I need some better help to fix this complex sound problem. I'm waiting for such useful reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Popeyee View Post
    I used the WLAN Atheros 9.0.0.202 W7x64 drivers for upgrade process. In result, there is no such improvement happen on it. DPC Latency still display spikes. Also the popping and cracking audio comes from my laptop. I need some better help to fix this complex sound problem. I'm waiting for such useful reply.
    In that situations, you can use the modded AR9287 driver. It 8.0.279 x86 driver works to ENABLE ALL KNOWN SETTINGS of the network adaptor and one things also helpful here is that it helps to improve the sound performance of the windows 7 x64 system. Hence simply try this and check its result. Its helpful for you.

For additional solutions you need to use the external speaker here. Simply plugging your speakers in to each of the jacks to see if any of them produce sound. It might be works to detect the problem is being inbuilt with the laptop speaker or something else.

Re: Audio is cracking on Atheros AR5B97

While additionally you can also try to disabling optional speaker effects. Most of the such options are called as enhancements. Hence if you used such enhancements type of the option on your laptop, you can just disable it. If it solve your problem, you need to upgrade the sound driver for permanently fixing such problem.