Thread: Logitech Wireless Keyboard not resetting after installing new battery

Logitech Wireless Keyboard not resetting after installing new battery

I have a serious problem, my numeric keypad stops working at startup so that the light is on. I use windows 7 familial Premium 64-bit. I tried everything what is recommended on the forum nothing works. Is this a problem due to windows 7? Recently i have changed my battery of keyboard. It is also not resting the after battery change. Can anybody know what is the issue ? Please reply.

Re: Logitech Wireless Keyboard not resetting after installing new battery

On your keyboard, you can access the figure by activating the button "caps lock" (button with a lock on it). The key "Num Lock" on your keyboard numeric n is it not blocked? (LED on). Accesses the property of your keyboard via the device driver in the Control Panel and uninstall the driver for your keyboard. Reboot your pc.

Check the following settings in the registry: Start / Run and type regedit.
    HKEY_USERS \ DEFAULT \ Control Panel \ Keyboard.
    Verifies that the value of this key is:2
    If not change the channel Initial Keyboard Indicators with a double click of your mouse reminder:
    2 = Enabled
    0 = Disabled
    Then search key HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ DEFAULT \ Control Panel \ Keyboard .
    Verifies that the value of this key is:2. Closes the basis of registry and reboot.

At each opening of the transfer windows Windows 7 provided a diagnostic tool: Make "Start ".........." execute" and enter the following command:dxdiag. Open the tab "enter" and check the paragraph "note" to see if there are no established problem identified You say you have a logitech laser keyboard, check if the battery polarity is not reversed. Can you give full reference of the keyboard, please.

This is especially necessary on a wireless keyboard to use Media Center supposed to be far enough from the CPU! Even the LCD integrates the function of USB hub ... besides the presence of 1 or 2 USB ports would connect a cable to the CPU into a wired claver compatible with Mac or Linux for example (a few buttons around). check and reply.

In terms of using a wireless keyboard in the bios. It works at home with the Logitech Cordless Desktop S510 Media Remote. Except in the case Windows reboots itself without asking for his. It happened one or two times and it sucks because you have to reconnect a keyboard for typing F1 or disable the mandatory presence of the keyboard in the BIOS. The keyboard once again becoming functional load windows completed. The alternative is to turn off the pc and on again.

I tested on a MacBook Pro. The only drivers provided by Logitech for XP / Vista so in all caseses the hack. With OS X, touch controls work and that's about all. You can configure anything, which is not troublesome for the volume, but is already causing more problems for the disk. For even cons his scrolling are OK, that's something. Not tested on Linux but it must be substantially similar.