Thread: Driver for QuickCam Communicate STX

Driver for QuickCam Communicate STX

I was using an older model of the QuickCam Communicate STX on my windows xp 32 bit operating system. I was using this web cam without any problem. An information about the QuickCam Communicate STX are as follows. Now i have installed windows vista operating system and i am not able to use this web cam on it. Please help!!!
    M/N: V-UM14A
    S/N: LZA50506939
    P/N: 861164-0000
    Last edited by Chesnokov; 05-06-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Re: Driver for QuickCam Communicate STX

I think you must having windows xp drivers on your windows vista system which must be interfering with each other and as a result your web cam does not gets the support from the drivers because of which you are not able to use it on your vista system. You should reinstall the drivers and then check whether the same problem is there or not.

It seems like you have bit older model of the web cam which might not be having wide specifications to work on any windows operating system. I would like to tell you that make sure first that is this web cam compatible with your windows operating system or not. If not so then there is nothing that you can do with it.

I have just searched for the "Driver for QuickCam Communicate STX" and i have got many number of web sites from which you can download the driver for your web cam but the only thing about which you should care is the version of windows operating system. As you have installed the 32 bit version of windows operating system then make sure that you install the drivers for the same because even the driver for wrong version also does not works as per the expectations.

I have searched the drivers about the QuickCam Communicate STX and i have found one crucial information about this web cam. Actually this web cam does not support for the windows vista operating system so whatever kind of drivers you install on your vista system, This web cam is not going to support it. I suggest you to reinstall the XP operating system in order to make it working.

Webcam Logitech QuickCam Chat has a maximum video resolution of 640 x 480 pixels with a transmission speed of 30 frames per second. The photo resolution is 1.3 megapixels.
    By installing executable file of driver that will install the driver in addition to the Logitech QuickCam software suite (11.8) as Logitech VideoCall, Quickcapture, etc.

There is no other way then downloading the drivers of your QuickCam Communicate STX. If you cannot search for the drivers then i guess you should try using some other drivers as well which would be made at least for your operating system's version or for any quick cam or some other logitech driver for your os.