Thread: MacBook Pro Anti-Glare Screen Option

MacBook Pro Anti-Glare Screen Option

I have been working with an previous unibody MacBook Pro and it is going on when the antiglare option was no more. Although I don't like to use glossiness, I love to go with the additional glass layer that makes the LCD display tougher. It is pretty necessary especially when you are running with two nosy preschoolers who easily like tapping and prodding the screen. The glass layer combines a layer of protection.

I am currently considering of purchasing a new one MacBook Pro and with the antiglare option. But I am worried it indicates that there is no longer that associated glass layer. So this is very easy question . For those who own a MBP with an antiglare screen: what does the surface of the screen feel like? Does it skip transient color "smudges" when you made some pressure on it, such as common twisted nematic panel? Or is it tougher such an IPS panel?

Re: MacBook Pro Anti-Glare Screen Option

The anti glare screen does not contains the hard glass against it as glossy does. It is just as a standard screen which you would probably get on laptops which is more "soft" in your conclusion.

The glass is actually what built the glossy screen so reflective and glossy looking. A common "glossy" screen is "soft" as well so pouring a matte screen within the glass would still evaluate in a reflective screen unless the glass had some sort of AR coating on this.!!!

" Does it skip transient color "smudges" when you made some pressure on it, such as common twisted nematic panel? Or is it tougher such an IPS panel? "

Yeah , it skips the transient color . I have checked it out at an Apple store on some other day. I have a toddler and an opting for the "glossy" for the similar causes as you also indicated in your query post.

Good luck

Thanks for your all kindness for such helpful replies. I performed a bit of investigation and got that the actual expression would be "pressure mark", that could become permanent if excessive pressure is moved on the display. This will assumes as I will have to take the glossy screen and have to purchase a antiglare protective film to stick upon it.

Thanks for you kindness ...

The glossy screen is a glossy panel with a part of glass on head of it (that's two shiny layers); the anti-glare is just single layer where as panel itself with an anti-glare coating; Any anti-glare protector placed on the glass will seems as the crap and nothing in the comparison of the stock anti-glare option.