Thread: Samsung SH-S203P DVD drive not shown by Windows Vista

Samsung SH-S203P DVD drive not shown by Windows Vista

I am having the desktop computer system which has the Windows Vista operating system installed in it. the problem which i am facing with this desktop is that from pas one week this desktop is not showing the DVD drive connected to it. The Samsung SH-S203P DVD drive not shown by Windows Vista operating system of the desktop.

Re: Samsung SH-S203P DVD drive not shown by Windows Vista

You are having the desktop computer system which has the Windows Vista operating system installed in it. This desktop also has the Samsung SH-S203P DVD drive. The problem is that the Windows Vista operating system is not showing the Samsung SH-S203P DVD drive connected to it in the My Computer. So first of all make sure that the DVD drive is connected properly to the desktop and the power supply is coming in it.

I think first of all you should check that the Samsung SH-S203P DVD drive is detected by the BIOS of the desktop computer system or not. Start the computer again and enter in the BIOS setting. And check that the drive is detected by the system or not. If it is not detected there then may be the connection cable of the dvd drive is damaged or it is faulty. You should change it.

I think you should check that the Samsung SH-S203P DVD drive is detected and listed in the device manager of the desktop computer having the Windows Vista operating system. It may be possible that this device is disabled from the device manager of you desktop computer system. So right click on it and again enable it. After that the Samsung SH-S203P DVD drive will be shown in the my computer of the desktop.

You have mentioned that in your query over here that this Samsung SH-S203P DVD drive was detected and it was working properly in the Windows Vista operating system of this desktop computer system and this issue started some time before. So i think the system restore of the desktop computer on the previous date on which the drive was detected by the Windows Vista operating system can fix this problem. So do it, may be this can resolve the problem.

Do the following things to check that the Samsung SH-S203P DVD drive is properly registered in your desktop or not.
    Start-> Run -> Type "regedit"->OK -> Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE from the left pane of registry editor window ->system -> CurrentControlSet ->Control-> Class ->{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}-> UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters in right pane -> If its 1 then its registerd.