Thread: Want to format two SATA hard drives at the same time

Want to format two SATA hard drives at the same time

I am having the desktop computer which has two SATA hard drive connected to it. As my system is infected with many viruses i want to format the hard drives of my system. I want to format two SATA hard drives at the same time. I want to ask you that can i do it or i will have to format one HDD at a time. If we can do it then mention the instructions properly over here.

Re: Want to format two SATA hard drives at the same time

You are having the desktop computer system which has the two SATA hard drives connected to it. You want to format both the hard drives connected to the desktop at the same time. You want to format the hard drives of the computer because the computer system is infected with the viruses. I dont think so you can format both the hard drives at the same time. So you will have to format it one by one.

You are saying that your computer system is infected with the viruses that is the reason you want to format both the hard disk of your computer system. However, first i will recommend you to try the antivirus software in the computer for resolving the problem rather than going for the formatting the HDD. I will advise you to install the licensed copy of the antivirus in your system and remove all the viruses from the system. There are some free antiviruses also available which can do it for you. You can download it directly from here.
    AVG Antivirus software

If you are not able to remove all the viruses using the Antivirus program that you have installed in your computer system then you will have only one option left. You will have to format the hard drive of the computer system. However you want to format both the hard drives at the same time. I dont think that we can do so. But i will advice you to give a try for doing it. Right click on both the hard drive and select format and see what happens.

Sorry friend you cannot do this. You want to format both the hard drives at the same time but the operating system can format only one hard drive or the partition at a time. You are having two hard drives one of them will be having the operating system installed on it. You can only format the hard drive or the partition which does not have the OS installed by right clicking it and selecting format option. You can format the hard drive and partition which has OS at the time of the installation of the operating system only.

For formatting both the hard drives connected to your computer system at the same time you will have to reinstall the operating system in your desktop computer system. Insert the installation disc of the operating system that you want to install in your computer system in the DVD Rom. Boot from this installation disc. In between you will get the hard drive selection in which you want to install the OS. You will get the option of formatting the hard drives. Format the hard drives and proceed with the OS installation.

The best formating is when you insert a bootable windows cd and format each one from there i don't think you can format both in the same time because your computer will die if it does that ^^ also make sure you backup your data before this use a partition or a free backup program like Dmailer