Thread: How to Set up Video Chat in TV

How to Set up Video Chat in TV

Hi all,

I have a LCD HDTV in my home. I have also laptop. I can video chat to my clients through my laptop, but i find that the laptop screen is very small for video chat with 3-4 clients simultaneously. Can anybody have any idea how Set up Video Chat in TV. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Setting up a video chat session on your living room TV is not all that hard. You need to finding the right connector, setting up a web cam, and installing video chat software on your Laptop. Then you need to one of several different cables and adapters, depending on your TV and laptop hardware. You need to find out what connectors is supporting your TV device. Best of luck.

Re: How to Set up Video Chat in TV

I am using Samsung UN55B8000 55" LED TV and fine good for me, I have got an HDMI port, which have the most bandwidth of any standard plug and is establish on the newest TVs. I just connect with this to my laptop and establish a video chat. If you are using latest. Laptop and TV, Please find the port behind your TV. And HDMI cable is also available in market. Best of luck.

The DVI port is another ordinary port on laptops and televisions, easily illustrious from the older VGA port by its longer look and the slot on the right side. You can also use VGA port, but it is an older, analog connector. It’s very common on older laptops and computers. If you don’t have VGA port than you need a VGA cable and a DVI-to-VGA adaptor. DVI-I port has a solid block of pin holes. If your DVI port contains two square groups of pin holes, it cannot be changed to VGA. Check it out and reply.

Once you have linked your computer to your TV, you will more than probable need to adjust your resolution of your laptop. If you are using Windows XP then right-click on the desktop, and opt for Properties from the dropdown menu. Prefer the Settings tab on the right, then click on the monitor marked 2. Hit the Screen resolution slider as distant as it’ll go to the right, and make sure that the expand my Windows desktop onto this monitor checkbox is checked. Best of luck.

Re: How to Set up Video Chat in TV

If you are using Windows 7 than simply right-click on the desktop and select Screen resolution. Select the box marked 2 and put the resolution as high. Click on attach to a projector and pick the Extend setting. After that, you’ll require a web cam. A lot of laptops approach with a built-in webcam these days, which will effort in a touch, but for the full television-video phone occurrence, you will need a marginal web cam, which you can point on top of or directly below your TV screen. Best of luck.