Thread: How to Install Power Supply on my computer

How to Install Power Supply on my computer

Hi,

I have Acer Veriton N260G, my problem is that my power supply is not working, stupidly began "tearing" out the cable connections without checking to see how everything was connected. How can I install power supply and the Method of installation ?Can I installed one power supply direct For VGA only ?. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How to Install Power Supply on my computer

Many power supplies has four screws that keep it from moving around. These are usually four screws in the area of exhaust fan in the rear of the chassis of the CPU. However, some cases of the CPU have some type of stabilizer bar that keeps the power supply down comfortably in the bottom case, combined with between 2-4 screws.

Ideally, you should read the manual or documentation that came with your PC or power supply, and tell you how to install the unit, and if necessary additional bar.

Ensue that the power supply is not at all loose in the case. Moving the case of some and the diet changes that could damage other boards in the case, or even something short, causing a fire or give someone a nasty surprise.

To change the power supply of your computer, try the folowing steps :-

1. Unplug the PC
    2. Disconnect all cables from the back of the PC
    3. Remove the case
    4. Disconnect the power supply from the motherboard and each of the devices
    5. Disconnect the pottery from the switch on / off (or remove the switch all)
    6. Remove the screws holding the power supply
    7. Remove the power supply
    8. Install the new power supply
    9. Connect the switch
    10. Connect the motherboard
    11. Connect each of the devices
    12. Replace the lid
    13. Connect your PC

All of the connectors on the power suplly unit (PSU), have the exact place on computer where they are pluging in. The main power plug is 20pin connector in 2 rows, it canot be inserdet in any other way than correct, and for all of the others connectors is the same rule for pluging, they cannot be pluged any other way than correct way. If you checked conectors just visualy you would see that. In previous replies you have described how to phisically install it. This is how you are going to connect it. Just make sure you connect all your disks, optical drives, flopy, some graphic cards also have a power conector (most of them not, but some yes) so make sure twice that you have it all connected othervise that component won't work. Hard drive and optical connectors, on some PSU, because of bad technology could be inserted inproperly so just in case check connector twice, as you don't want to destroy this drive.
    _______
    / o o o o \
    I________I This is how looks like a power connector for hard drive and optical drive (something like this) if it's not sata drive Othervise it canot be installed wrong

Nice picture I was born artist, hope you don't mind
    Last edited by memo_nn; 06-09-2009 at 12:37 AM.