Thread: Download Drivers for HP M1070 PC

Download Drivers for HP M1070 PC

Hi,
    I want to upgrade my media center pc. I have a Hp M1070 Destop PC. Currently my system specification is 512 RAM, DVD RW, Intel P4 Processor, etc. I want to add up more RAM and upgrade my Windows to Windows Vista. I need the XP driver for the product. Because My DVD is not working properly. It is reading disc very slowly. And second thing if Vista does not work properly then at least I can downgrade to Windows XP and install the drivers back again. I am doubtful about Vista. I hard use Media center in my system. But weather this will still work in Vista. Anyone using the same system under Windows Vista can post some suggestion. That would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Re: Download Drivers for HP M1070 PC

Before a proper upgrade it is very necessary that you must know the entire system specification along with what will support and what will not support. I am listing you the entire system specification about the Desktop. The factory hardware is Intel Pentium 4 2.8Ghz processor, 512 DDR SDRAM, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Socket LGA775m, PCI express support, 4 GB Maximum RAM support, 128 MB of installed video memory, USB 2.0, 160 GB hard Serial ATA hard drive, 48x CD/DVD optical drive, ATI RAdeon X300 SEE card with 10/100 Network card. So here by reading this you can gain some information on the system details and get the matching hardware. See the below thread for relevant information and driver download page.
    Download PCI Drivers for HP M1070 Media Center

You DVD really needs a latest firmware upgrade. Firmware is a interface which controls the interconnection of hard ware. You can say it is like a driver. To make your DVD work just perform the following simple task and then see the increase in performance. After a restart connect your system to the internet. Right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Right click on your DVD Drive in the hard ware list and select Uninstall. Then restart your system. After a proper restart windows will detect a plug and play device. Give next option and assign automatically update the drivers. Windows will search online about the drivers and install it properly. In the same way when you upgrade your Windows XP to Windows Vista then you will need to perform the exact same action as listed to add up all the drivers.

Download the below manual for the proper upgrade information. You can install any PCI-E video card as per you choice. But the main thing you have to ensure that you must increase you power supply. It must be more than 300 watt. Otherwise this fried up your hardware. The PCI-E type card will support you mother board and works just fine. The below guide has all the information regarding upgrade configuration. Read it carefully and then try to upgrade. Because it is of now use downgrading back to Windows XP back.
    User Manual Guide