Thread: Download PCI Drivers for HP M1070 Media Center

Download PCI Drivers for HP M1070 Media Center

Hi,
    I have a HP M1070 Media center pc at my home. had connected it to my Digital Cable box via internal PCI TV Tuner card. I had bought a year ago. Now I want to upgrade. That means I just want to add up a new memory stick and done. Other thing I am right now facing is that the media center is not recording some videos which I am trying to record everyday. The media center is not recording the shows. I also want to upgrade the operating system in it. I am currently using Windows XP and now waiting for Windows Vista. Will it create any difference. Right now I am just considered about the PCI Tuner driver. I think a proper driver update can fix up my issue. Then I will go for the upgrading thing. Thanks in advance.

Re: Download PCI Drivers for HP M1070 Media Center

First thing you have to note down that always try to put a branded part in it only. Before upgrading the entire system it is important for you to figure out the system specifications. That means what type of chipset, RAM, processor, etc and other hardware in your system. If you put any new part and that does not match then it can create many system flaws. You HP desktop system supports a PC3200, DDR, SDRAM and DIMMs types of RAM. You can add upto 4 gb maximum. If you put more your system will restart again and again. The memory details can be viewed on the BIOS page or in your product manual.

You can download the driver of your relevant hardware from the official site of Hp. Just open and click on support and download. Enter you model number and click on next. I had also attached a link below. Second thing I doubt that your system does not supports Windows Vista. You can anyhow install it but you will not discovered the Vista version driver for the Desktop pc. This will reduce a lot of functionality and services in it. Right now you are using the Media center but I worry that in Vista this will not work. Just update the drivers. All issue is related to your old drivers only.
    Hp PCI Driver

The Media Center Software in your computer will not record any TV program until it does not detect any TV signal. Just see the below tips and make sure that everything is working fine. First update a latest driver and firmware update for your processor and pci card. You can do this by right clicking on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Then right click on the hardware listed, select properties and go to the drivers tab. Another issues can be weak signal, drop in fps, any third party software, less disk space, etc. Click on Start Menu > Run Type %Temp%. Hit enter. In the open folder delete all the temporary files. Then clean the Recorded shows folder from My computer > Documents & .. > Shared folder > videos. Never put your pc on standby mode at the time of recording.