Thread: How to Replace an Audio Device

How to Replace an Audio Device

Hello , I Have a Asus motherboard with integrated Sound card , Recently It Has Started Giving me problem , I want to replace my Audio Device , Can you tell me , how Can I replace my audio Device , My freind told me that i need to first uninstall it then replace and install it , can you tell me explain me breifly how to replace my audio device , please help me thanks in advance

Re: How to Replace an Audio Device

If there is an audio chip integrated on your motherboard, it is better to disable in the bios (search "onboard audio" or something ... but on Asus motherboard , it is possible that it will automatically if a pci sound card is detected: it is on my A8N-E) And after mounting your sound card, you must install the drivers, then you can enjoy it

• Identify the type of PCI card that you install or replace and find out its location on the motherboard

• Insert the PCI card in the appropriate location of the motherboard
    • To install a long PCI card :
      • Insert the left side of the PCI card in the corresponding opening on the rear panel. Put together the right side of the card in the slot corresponding backplane processor.
      • Push the card into the slot of the motherboard

• To install a short PCI card
      • a. Align the left side of the card with the corresponding opening on the rear panel.
      • b. Push the card into the corresponding location of the motherboard

• With the aid of screws, set the PCI card to back panel.
    • If necessary, connect any internal cables to the connectors of the internal PCI card. also Refer to the instructions that came with your PCI card.

• If necessary, connect all external cables to the PCI card.

You have to actually have access to your BIOS settings to disable your onboard sound card. To do so, you should probably press a button as "F2" or "Delete" when you start your PC. Normally you're given the key to start a sentence like "Press X to enter SETUP" or "X" is the key in question. You can then navigate through the BIOS, go to the settings of the sound and disable it. You do the changes and Save the settings and exit the setup screen of the BIOS.

to Replace an Audio Device For a desktop, it is initially necessary to completely disconnect the PC. Then it is possible to open the box (either through the front or rear depending on model). Typically, just unscrew the screws that are visible

Remove the card from its packaging
    Watch the bus type. Generally, on the computer, at the motherboard, the PCI bus are white rectangles, the ISA bus are also rectangles, but black and longer than the PCI bus. Finally, the AGP bus is brown.

Insert the card into the slot that corresponds to it.

Note: Do not force if it does not ...

Tip: The sound cards have a small cable that must be connect to the back of the cd-rom. This is important for reading some CD audio

Verifying the proper install
    • Restart the computer
    • Insert the driver CD and install the components if necessary
    • Restart the computer
    • Check that the card is installed

The problem is that often you need to connect your audio outputs on the motherboard to the PCI card. Let me explain: in the same way as when you want to install additional USB ports (front panel for example), you may have to connect cables between the sound card and the motherboard .
    Thus, you have the connectors that you may have to connect your sound card for everything to work properly. After this , you may need to do a small visit in the BIOS, just to fix it right.