Thread: Hp pavilion won't boot keyboard error

Hp pavilion won't boot keyboard error

I have a Hp pavilion laptop on which i had installed Windows Vista as my operating system. The problem is that when i try to boot up my system it shows an error message stating that "keyboard error or no keyboard present" on my desktop screen. Can any body tell me why does my hp pavilion won't boot and gives out keyboard error? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Re: Hp pavilion won't boot keyboard error

It sounds like that you have a bad hardware.The most common problem when faced with a non-working keyboard is an improper connection. Try reconnecting your keyboard, restart your computer and see if that resolve your issue.

Just in case you haven't tried this yet, remove all sources of power (battery and AC). Press and hold power ON button for 30secs. Put back all sources of power and power ON as usual. If it is recognized by the system, then you need to go in the device manager, then have to right-click on 'My computer", then select Proprieties and then need to go on the Hardware tab and choose "Device Manager"and have to check if it's a software problem.

It is also recommended that you check out and try to see that the keyboard driver is ok. for that you need to click on your start menu, then select control panel, then need to click on systems. Then you need to select hardware, then click on device manager and finally click on keyboard. If your find any yellow mark on it, then just right click and re install driver on your pc. It could also be a motherboard problem.