Thread: Computer games have Shrunk my Display on Monitor

Computer games have Shrunk my Display on Monitor

I have Samsung SyncMaster 794 MG Monitor, and its screen has shrunk, this has happen while playing game on my computer and i cant figure out how to get it back to normal. My monitor screen shrunk automatically to half of it's size from left and right hand side. It squeezed inwards vertically for some reason and won't come back to it;s normal size.I have tried resizing using the OSD controls but the make no difference. I have also tried changing the screen resolution (currently set at 1024 by 768) but does not fix problem.

Check Monitor and video adapter

If you are aware of, then BIOS setup does have an option for screen size but that only applies to the start up. Look into the Device Manager and see if your monitor or video adapter has an asterisk by it. You may need to reload the drivers or setup your monitor. Once this is done you may right click on the desktop and selecting graphic options. There select the full screen option. For some reason these setting might become undone.

Re: Computer games have Shrunk my Display on Monitor

Does your video card have any special options for resizing the display that are separate and apart from those in the Control Panel->Display->Settings Tab? Can you click start then run then type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD and get a blue progress bar, Boot the PC and keep tapping the F8 key right after the beep until you get the options screen, select safe mode with networking, can you get anything to download. Click start then my computer then view system information, hardware, device manager, click + next to display adapters, click a Radeon item, right click then click unistall then confirm, do this with the other Radeon item and confirm then reboot. Or else check the manufacturers website for a download of the most up to date driver for your graphix card.

Re: Computer games have Shrunk my Display on Monitor

when I boot my computer, it gives me a screen that forces me to press F1 to resume booting up. and then i found the option for factor settings, If you restore to factory settings you will lose any data & apps u installed - if you have the original XP disc then the repair and re-install, pre-installed OS are great EXCEPT in these cases..Go to the manufacturers web site and download the drivers. You might also find them on the CD that should have been included with the notebook. Another location is a "drivers" folder on the hard drive.