Thread: Gateway laptop card reader stopped working

Gateway laptop card reader stopped working

I have a Gateway notebook with Windows xp Running on it, i have Just found out that my Card Reader is no more working properly, it cannot read sd cards anymore , i tried some other card also , they are also not working,I have check that cards on another computer using external card reader they are working fine, please help me what could be the problem , Thanks in advance

Re: Gateway laptop card reader stopped working

Hello , I also once had the similar problem , so I went to control panel and tried to add new hardware to see if it detects new hardware.but unfortunately It does not work for the first time but after several tests (and after removing the card ) it detected mass controller storage. At this time it asked me if I wanted to install my driver ,so i click on yes , after that the drivers were installed and my card was detected , hopefully it works for you too.

Normally when you plug your USB drive, Windows automatically recognizes it but it may happen that it is recognized as "unknown device". For the recognition you need to follow some step

To begin , open Windows Explorer and click Tools => Folder Options ... => display search the list hidden files and folders "and check" Show hidden files and folders. " Then:

1 / Right-click the icon on the mycomputer and then on properties.
    Then click on Hardware then Device Manager.

2 / Right-click on the line marked "unknown device" and click update driver

3 / Next in the wizard to update the material choose not this time

4 / Click Next.

5 / Then select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)

6 / Click Next.

7 / Then click Do not search I will choose which drivers to install

8 / Choose from the list of equipment USB hub

9 / Click Next.

10 / Click on Disk

A window and let go and go to C: / windows / inf folder and select the usbstor.inf and click open.

Then the path of the selected driver will appear in the previous window. Click OK. The driver will then install and now you will have a device called USB mass storage in the device manager

Against you by now a question mark. Repeat 2 to 7.

8 / Choose from the list of equipment Volume Storage

9 / Click Next.

10 / Click on Disk

A window and let go and go to C: / windows / inf folder and select the volsnap.inf and click open.

Then the path of the selected driver will appear in the previous window. Click OK. The driver will then install and you have a device called as generic.
    Volume

And normally, if everything goes well, your USB drive is now taken into account.

The Ricoh memory card reader is not detected until a memory card is inserted into the notebook. This is normal operation.

With the Microsoft Windows operating system started, place the Gateway Driver and Application Recovery CD in the ROM drive, and then close the tray. If this is your first time using the CD, read the End User License Agreement, select Yes I accept it, and then click Continue.

• The browser opens to the Drivers and Application Recovery tab. Select Automatic Installation.
    • Select the USB Card Reader Driver check box, and then click Install.

• In the Automatic Install dialog box, click OK.

• Files copy, and the Gateway Application Loader screen appears with a notice to not press any keys or buttons during this process.
    • On the Gateway Application Loader screen, click OK.

• If prompted to restart the computer, do so.