Thread: How big of a computer power supply do i need?

How big of a computer power supply do i need?

i am looking for help regarding power supply see my configuration. my friend suggested me to get big power supply can any one tell me how big i required ?

CPU :Amd phenom ii x4 940
    motherboard : Asus m4a78-e
    Graphics : Radeon hd 4890
    ram :4 Gb corsair 800 mhz
    Hdd :1tb
    Soundcard : creative SoundBlaster audiology

Re: how big of a computer power supply do i need?

requirement of power for such graphics card is quite more so even special different power supply utility is also provided for such graphics card well for more you have 1tb hdd which need lot power so better to have 700w power supply.

Over all your configuration required high power supply try Zalman 750 and if you want to go beyond that try this XFX XPS-850W-BES first Power Supply . also more if you can check your peripherals power details and can calculate required power for it and get the required wattage from here Convert amps and volts to watts

The Corsair HX620W/HX520W power supply is versatile and robust. Utilizing superior triple +12V power rails and a whisper quiet double ball-bearing 120mm fan, the HX620W/HX520W is ready for today’s most power hungry components.

Corsair HX Series Features:

* Supports the latest ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 standards and is backwards compatible with ATX12V 2.01 systems.
    * Guaranteed compatibility with dual-GPU configurations.
    * Double forward switching circuitry design offers high efficiency, up to 80% under wide load range.
    * Active Power Factor Correction with PF value=0.99 provides clean and reliable power to your system.
    * Universal AC input 90~264V automatically scans and detects the correct voltage. No more hassle of flipping that tiny red switch!
    * Ultra quiet 120mm double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow at an exceptionally low noise level by varying the RPM in response to temperature.
    * Guaranteed to deliver rated specifications at 50ºC.
    * Triple 12V Rails provide independent reliable power to the CPU, video card and other components with a combined rating of 50A (40A on 520W) maximum! Advanced circuitry design that automatically enables power sharing between the triple +12V rails in an event of overload on any single +12V rail.
    * Powerful +5Vsb rail with 3A rating.
    * Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection, Under Voltage Protection, and Short Circuit Protection provide maximum safety for your critical system components.
    * 105ºC rated industrial grade capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability, delivering 4 times the lifespan of conventional 85ºC rated capacitors.
    * Enhanced modular flexible cables enable easier cable routing and increased airflow in the system.
    * 8 Serial ATA connectors (4 on 520W).
    * Dimension: 5.9"(W) x 3.4"(H) X 5.9"(L)
    150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 150mm(L)
    * MTBF: 100,000 Hours
    * Safety Approvals: UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TÜV, CCC, C-tick.