Thread: Need some information on Sony STR DG920

Need some information on Sony STR DG920

Hi,
    One of my colleague is selling a Sony STR DG920 channel receiver. I am thinking to get that one. I had used a bit of it but still do not have a clear idea about it. But before that can anyone tell me about the feature and support of this device. What about the voice quality and other HD supports. Will this device be compatible if I setup a home theater. What is the actual market price so that I can determine weather to buy or not. List some demerits also. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need some information on Sony STR DG920

It was launched back is 2008 by sony for an price of $699. It was upgraded to prior model and includes extra supports like a additional fourth HDMI input, upscaling of analog video to 1080p, Dolby TrueHD and DTS HDMA audio decoding, HDMI 3.1, second zone of audio, increase in audio power to 100 watts and channel up from 100 in ts predecessor. It also has a features of vcr/dvr/dvd recorder connection. In the field of audio input and output the receiver consist of four digital audio inputs. In video processing, it support HDMI which stands for High Definition Media Interface. The wireless remote gave access to multiple feature and services. All in all it is an highly acceptable product.

It is gives an complete experience of a full fledged HD 1080 output at home. It is an powerful receiver. It is integrated with latest audio and video technologies. Some of its best features are :
    • HDMI with Active Intelligence
    • x.v.color
    • 1080/24p signal capability.
    • Decoding uncompressed audio.
    • Dolby Digital
    • Digital media port to play music via iPod, walkman, pc tec.

Other than the above mentioned features Sony STR DG920 give the following option also :
    • Blue ray disc support -

It is fully compatible with blue ray disc players. It gives and superior video switching and audio performance. It has an high definition media interface.
    • Digital Media Port -

Play your iPod music and videos in your HD television with the Digital Media Port support. It connects to various devices. It includes a pc cleint and bluetooth receiver. Sync your bluetooth enabled mobile phones to the other portable devices.
    • XM connect and play.

Now you can surf into the world of digital radio. Get connected to an option connect and play antenna. Or either sign up for XM services and enjoy a number of digital radio with superior sound quality.

It a fully dedicated device for home theater lovers. It has much to do features. Numerous supportive services which walks with latest technologies. It gives more than an regular channel receiver. Like it has an automated speaker setup function called DCAC. You can check out the speaker's functionality and performance. Portable device connectivity. I had more than thousand songs in the iPod. So if want hear them on the TV the via Digital Media Port I can do that. After a connection I can play almost everything on the big TV that too with an magnificent sound quality. It gives you a satellite support, Front panel display, a better video processing, etc.