Thread: HP p1005 printer is not fully recognised by Vista and XP

HP p1005 printer is not fully recognised by Vista and XP

I have tried to install this p1005 printer on Vista ultimate and occasionally it prints a page. It seems to think thast it has not received the whole job. as a check I tried to install printer on my XP pro laptop and had the same difficulty. HP have replaced the printer once and the same trouble is apparent. There is no common software on the two machines. Only commonalty is MS downloads and patches once per month
    I am desperate Bluetrain
    Last edited by bluetrain; 06-03-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Major spelling error

Re: HP p1005 printer is not fully recognised by Vista and XP

Thread moved to Hardware Peripherals

This behavior occurs if the driver is not compatible.

The latest driver for Windows Vista can be downloaded from the following website. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...435676&lang=en

After you download the driver and software, I suggest that you remove the existed driver components for HP P1005.

Remove printer
    1. Click the Start button, type PRINTER in the search box and press Enter.

2. Find the icons which are related to HP P1005, and delete them.

3. Right-click on the blank part of the window, and choose "Run as administrator" -> "Server Properties".

4. On the Drivers tab, select the listed printer and click the Remove button. Then select Remove driver and driver package.

5. Open Start menu, input APPWIZ.CPL in the Search box and press ENTER to launch "Programs and Features".

6. Try to remove all related printer software.

Then reinstall the latest driver.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you disable the anti-virus temporary, and then try to install again.

Hi
    The latest drivers for this printer have been downloaded from the HP site. in both the xp laptop and Vista desktop this has been done using 300mbyte approx download.
    On the XP laptop trend requested permission to install but the Vista desktop said you need permission to continue.
    I did not mention in the thread sarter but the installations proceed until you are required to plug in the printer. On both machines the installation hangs.
    Using the smail downloads it crashes but the the printer is shown as ready but in most cases wont print. If a print does go through it does not release form the queue, but merely statest under status " deleting-printing". I will try the shutting down the virus programs on Tuesday when I visit my friend again. SO far this has stumped HP tech support. The Laptop uses trend 2009 and the desktop uses Norton 360 2008 version
    Last edited by bluetrain; 06-03-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Insert fulstop afterv tech support

Further to my original post . Virus software was turned off and the situation did not change. All printers were deleted and PC restarted. Then attempted to add P1005 printer again. Driver instals OK but is not able to communicate with the printer. Should I delete all the USB servers in Device Manager or is that too dangerous.
    Still Desperate
    Bluetrain

I have the same problem. I contacted HP, and had several advises, but failed. Then the adviser asked me to speak to Microsoft.

Aren't there anyone using this printer in all around the world?

I tried this printer in Ubuntu, but it doesn't even start printing!

What should I do?

I have almost given up It is becoming more like throwing out the printer and buying another. I am not sure about recommending HP printers to anyone anymore.
    One last thing I will do is try to take my laptop to the local HP lab and see what can be done.

I have found 1 person in QLD Australia who took it back and exchanged it.
    Another who has it working but due to him having an illegal copy of windows XP he does not get the Microsoft updates. (interesting)
    I will advise via this column If I have a solution
    Regards Bluetrain

I had the exact same problems trying to load my father's HP P1005 printer on his new Acer Aspire M1641 with Windows Vista Home Premium preloaded. After several attempts of loading I searched the web and came across several people having the same problem but no solution. The next day I thought I might try loading the motherboard drivers for the computer and see if this makes a difference since I never loaded them. This has seem to fix the problem for me. My advice would be to anyone with the same problem is to load the motherboard drivers .