Thread: Gigabyte EP45T-Extreme Motherboard unable to boot

Gigabyte EP45T-Extreme Motherboard unable to boot

hi,
    i have ASUS P5Q-E GREEN ATX Intel Motherboard, I have recently removed components from my motherboard to try and fit it into a new case, but it wouldn't fit,but now the computer will not boot,after power on but I kind of not going to the hard disk to start the OS (xp)after I power it up. Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Gigabyte EP45T-Extreme Motherboard unable to boot

Boot to safe mode and check to see if the Video card has changed. If not, del it and reboot .

Occasionally a computers Boot Sector of the hard drive gets scrambled, especially when you have a power surge,It sounds like the drive itself is fine and the computer is fine so that would be my guess as to what happened to you.

To fix the boot sector you will need to boot off that Windows CD again and go into the Repair Console like you did before. Once at the repair console prompt type FIXBOOT and press enter. After that type FIXMBR and press enter.Once you've done both of those commands restart your pc and see if it boots windows correctly.

First you could check the motherboard by resetting the Bios back to the factory settings. - Remove the battery and put it back in. Or use the jumper to clear the Cmos.Then look at the bios, check the settings and load the setup defaults.As a last resort you could flash the Bios:Look for the latest version on the manufacturer website. If you are unable to boot, you will have to download an image of the Bios and create a boot CD from another computer. You will need uniflash.exe to install the image.Secondly you could try to change the CPU with another, to make sure it’s not a CPU problem.