Thread: WBJEE Medical cut off and total number of seats available?

WBJEE Medical cut off and total number of seats available?

Is there anyone who can tell me what was the cut off marks for WBJEE Medical last year or such. Incase I am able to get 125 marks in this medical exam then as per previous years result what will be my rank in WBJEE medical? Can anyone also tell me what is the total number of seats available for this WBJEE medical examination? Thanks for telling me any information about it in advance.

Re: WBJEE Medical cut off and total number of seats available?

Usually the cut off rank goes to around 1200 candidates. And the total number of seats are 1800 out of which 1750 seats are reserved for government, 1046 seats are reserved for General category, 337 seats are reserved for SC category and 91 seats are reserved for the ST category of people. Many people also dont like ot pursure their medical carrier in West Bengal and therefore they go into some other stream as well.

I think that for government colleges it was around 1120+50 seats in KPC. For the dental category it will go upto 2500 in some of the private Dental Colleges like Guru Nanak. There are some instances as well where the MCI usually cancle the registration of some colleges due to poor infrastructure so the number of mbbs seats might decrese in this case to a minimum of 200 seats lets say.

Well, I have heard that in WBJEE Medical the number of Seats are very limited to approximately 1400 only. This makes it a tough competition to make the cut. Nobody will be able to indicate the marks in that way since every year according to the question pattern the cut off rank gets increased or decreased. Or else just get admitted in MBBS and continue studying since all MBBS degrees are awarded by West Bengal Health University and so they are all equivalent.