Thread: Carrer in computer Security

Carrer in computer Security

I am a Fresher Graduate and looking out for a career in Computer Security give me some information on this particular field i wanted to know whether there's a good scope in this career and what are the chances of a fresher to get into this computer security industry please help me in solving out my query.

Re: Carrer in computer Security

If u ask me i would say that computer security is the most fascinating fields in the market and there is a good growth in the market for the computer security because computers today have become a house hold name and also the threats regarding the security of the computers are also increasing so i would suggest you to stick with your choice and get a year experience in the IT sectors, till then you also brush up your knowledge regarding the security issues.

I would recommend you to select the computer security option because the career growth in this particular field is really good. You can expect a much better growth in your career as well as your salary and it is such a field that will never see the end of the day because computers are never going to end. There are many positions in the company for the security department they are systems administrator, Information System Security Officer, Information system Security Manager, Chief Information Security Officer as a fresher you cant get in easily you must have a experience for 1-2 years.

If you are interested in Computer Security then go ahead with it its not a bad choice at all. Once you get in this security business many tasks such as train and make user aware of the various threats improve the server and network efficiency, you have to develop strategies to safeguard your computer files have the latest updates about the virus and keep the system updated with anti virus these are some of the tasks that you must perform and also there are various certification programs available today which ask you to pay hefty amounts i recommend you to not to go with that unless it is a certified one. Computer Security is a good field if you want to develop a career in that.

What Salary as a Fresher can we Expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahilkr View Post
    What Salary as a Fresher can we Expect?
    Well, if you want to know about the fresher's salary then you will have to personally reach some offices and ask them about what they can offer depending on your qualifications and knowledge. You might get an oppurtunity to work in internship and can also earn few bucks but that usually depends on the company. I got a rough idea about fresher's salary but dont know whether it is true or not, below is the information regarding it:

Accenture - 2.1 Lacs Per Annum
    Adobe - 5.7 Lacs Per Annum
    Amazon - 7.5 Lacs Per Annum
    Attrenta - 4.8 Lacs Per Annum
    Caritor - 2.0 Lacs Per Annum
    CISCO - 4.0 Lacs Per Annum
    Computer Associates - 4.5 Lacs Per Annum
    CTS - 2.1 Lacs Per Annum
    DE Shaw - 6.0 Lacs Per Annum
    Deloitte - 7.0 Lacs Per Annum
    Fiorano - 5.0 Lacs Per Annum
    Flextronics (HSS) - 3.0 Lacs Per Annum
    Google - 12.0 Lacs Per Annum
    GE - 3.0 Lacs Per Annum
    HCL - 2.0 Lacs Per Annum

ohmy Re: Carrer in computer Security

That Much Salary is not Quite Enough,i mean Amazon and Cisco the Giant Players are just paying 4.0/7.5Lakh Per Anum?

Dashonblaze Guest

This is the era of technology. Computer has become a key factor in any field. There is no field left without using computer but where there is a question of the security. Data management is highly demanding and as well security factor. There will be a very bright factor to build career in this field. For entering in this field if you are having knowledge of computer hardware and networking. You can opt this option for career.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashonblaze View Post
    This is the era of technology. Computer has become a key factor in any field. There is no field left without using computer but where there is a question of the security. Data management is highly demanding and as well security factor. There will be a very bright factor to build career in this field. For entering in this field if you are having knowledge of computer hardware and networking. You can opt this option for career.
    Ya,i understand the Fact that Computer Security has a Bright Future,but the Question is about Salary Man,what salary we can Get?