Thread: Notes of Effective communication

Notes of Effective communication

I am doing my BCA course from AVI college of Engineering. In my class or I can say in my subject there is one subject Effective communication. While I go through books it really unhelpful or I can say not interested and not important information given in that. So therefore I require some ppt files or some more files and data which help me to understand this problem easily. I require some information or some notes of Effective communication. So please someone provide some ppt files or some important data which is helpful for me.

Re: Notes of Effective communication

I have some notes of characteristic of effective communication. I guess this is helpful for your preparation.
    1. CORRECTNESS:
      To be accurate in communication; Use exact level of language; contain just precise information, words and figures. Maintain suitable writing machines.
    2. CONCISENESS:
      It makes the message more explicable and comprehensible to accomplish it; avoid needless recurrence and verbose expressions; include just appropriate or relevant details with good manners. Organize the message rationally and professionally.
    3. CLARITY:
      It demands that the message should be accurate, brief, complete, actual and with deliberation. To achieve these: select exact, small and well-known or common words. Appropriate punctuations make the writing understandable. Create the message readable and understandable. Create truthful sentences, and resultant the message in correctly sized paragraphs.
    4. COMPLETENESS:
      The message should be inclusive; we should be able to know the reader’s surroundings, points of view, requirements, attitudes and feelings. The guidelines for wholeness, the message should reply all the queries in the order, they were asked. Provide some extra information if significant.
    Last edited by G-MAT; 18-11-2010 at 12:52 AM.

I also require some information or some notes of Effective communication. I require some more information. As my point of view it is not total notes or I can say it is uncompleted note. I mean how much information I require this is not that much or this is not sufficient information for me. I have some questions: communication contains both written and oral communication. How do the two types different from each other and how do you make a decision which is valuable in a specified condition?? And another question is: what characteristics or behavior do unbeaten communicators split?

I just want you to know that what communication is. The procedure of communication is what permits us to cooperate with other people; without it, we would be not capable to split knowledge or experiences with anything exterior of ourselves. General forms of communication comprise speaking, writing, gestures, stroke and broadcasting.

I just want to give you some information of Communication Equation; which is also one of the important parts of Communication. Just check out the following detail:
    1. What you hear includes: Tone of voice, Vocal clarity and Verbal expressiveness which contain 40 percent of the message.
    2. What you see or feel includes: Facial expression, Dress and grooming, Posture, Eye contact, Touch, Gesture which contain 50 percent of the message.
    3. WORDS contains 10 percent of the message.

Two ways face to face, one to one but not visual multi way for instance groups, teleconferencing optimistic and unenthusiastic facets productive and unhelpful while you inquire people if they appreciate what they have to do, you will always get a Yes, superior reply. You should inquire them to inform you in their possess words what they are going to do. Extremely frequently, you can get hold of effectual feedback only by considering the person to whom you are talking. While you inquire for disapproval, you are expecting encouraging comments, constructive proposals and this is what you should forever give confidence. Unhelpful and unenthusiastic feedback saps confidence.